Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2001, 10:19 PM   #11
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

President Bush is doing a good job, showing remarkable restraint, calm, cool, and confident. All qualities of leadership.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-14-2001, 10:21 PM   #12
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

no idea.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Co-owner of The Abyssal Pit
The Spaminyte Emperor
Official Demon/Villain of IW!
Fish? Welcome to your Doom!

Old 09-14-2001, 10:53 PM   #13
Conan

Did you all catch how fast the emergency spending bill went through. Threw..gone ..done deal... waiting. Waiting you say..me to.
It almost seems like the 2 partys are one..how strange. Both agreeing on something and keeping completely calm while doing so. Bush is the president and no questions asked.

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 09-14-2001, 11:09 PM   #14
G'kar

Recent events have been handle smoothly, no doubt. Its nice to see him rally the rescue/relief workers, they need it more than just about anyone. In light of those events its easy to forget how he pissed off the religious right by breaking his promise to ban all stem cell research, and then there is that quicky econo fix of tax rebates, which I wont complain about,per se...Mine is now going to disaster relief now. In that case, the mysteriously vanished budget surplus that was supposed to fund those will be spent in good consience. Oh yeah the enviroment....He has certainly appeared out of touch with alot of America in those policies, but considering slightly less than half of america's voters actually voted for him, he's an oilman, and a republican, it was predictable... I guess you gotta take the good with the bad. I cant knock him for how he has handled the pressure he, and 99.9% of all americans including myself, are going through right now. I can tolerate him for three more years. Just hope the war we goto is the correct one. Based on facts,not just emotion, for one is coming. Thats for sure.

Old 09-14-2001, 11:21 PM   #15
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
I cant knock him for how he has handled the pressure he, and 99.9% of all americans including myself, are going through right now. I can tolerate him for three more years. Just hope the war we goto is the correct one. Based on facts,not just emotion, for one is coming. Thats for sure.
The war we are going into is the correct one. However, not many realize the time that will be needed to complete this war. It will be both time, ressource and life consuming.

I'm now 26. If we enter this war tomorow and I happen to die of natural causes at the rightfull age of 100, I don't think that this war will be even half fought. But it's a necessary war that must be fought for the vary survival of our way of life and our beliefs.

Brace yourself. This one will be a long and painful battle... Mark my words
Old 09-14-2001, 11:29 PM   #16
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
The war we are going into is the correct one. However, not many realize the time that will be needed to complete this war. It will be both time, ressource and life consuming.

I'm now 26. If we enter this war tomorow and I happen to die of natural causes at the rightfull age of 100, I don't think that this war will be even half fought. But it's a necessary war that must be fought for the vary survival of our way of life and our beliefs.

You're right it's going to get bloody

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-14-2001, 11:44 PM   #17
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:

I confident that we will go to war with folks behind the recent terror, I was just expressing concern that we must be 100% certain that those we retaliate against are the ones in cahoots with them. It would be a shame for any more blood, American or otherwise to be spillt out of the haste for revenge upon the wrong party. I do have faith in our leadership to find the real truth and act upon it though. G.W. and our other leaders do seem to be handling it in a level headed way so far, considering the loss of life, and the attack on our most sacred military building. And yes the War will be long and hard fought. Those terrorists are like rats in a sewer maze. It will be hell flushing them out.

Old 09-15-2001, 12:00 AM   #18
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

I thought to myself from the beginning that this is where we find out if he is a good president.

I for one say GO BUSH!!!!!!!! It will take a while to see how he pans out, but I'M BEHIND OUR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been quite impressed with how he has handled this!! Keep it up Bush, I think I'm a supporter!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-15-2001, 12:24 AM   #19
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Check out this video of Bush (its from 1992)...you'll need quicktime to see it...
click on the underlined link that says: click here for bush's wacky wedding performance.
Old 09-15-2001, 12:42 AM   #20
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I'm very impressed by the man..
Though he was cracking me up during the memorial church service with all his little fidgets in Washington..

------------------
Proud to be American