Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
Thatamos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello, my name is Thatamos. I'm the Public Relations at Caliber, a HL2 modification (or a mod, whichever you prefer) and I couldn't help but want to post in such a large community. Well on to my whole point of this post.

About Caliber
The Mod:

Caliber is a fast paced first person shooter team-oriented mod based on Valve's much heralded Source engine technology. This modification is a genre-transcending creation incorporating the best aspects of first person shooters, real time strategy and role playing games. The talent behind Caliber is a diverse group of professionals with years of experience in the gaming community/customization scene. The goal of the Caliber team is to create a high quality, visually stunning, revolutionary, and most importantly, a fun modification.

The Story:
// Visit our Story page for the full story.

The world of Caliber takes place in the 21st century; a world inspired by anime and major motion picture. This is a world of three distinct factions that are engaged in a war of revenge, survival, and power. House Vamin, the first faction, is a high tech vampire race who relies on heavy armor and powerful weapons to destroy their enemies. Due to their superior negotiation skills, House Vamin has created treaties with the most powerful and advanced sectors of human society to aid in their quest of developing their high tech equipment. The second faction, Domus Absentis is also a vampire race. Instead of forming a pact with their hated enemies (humanity), the Absentis have consequently stuck to the shadows and developed weapons of a more... biological nature. Little is known about the final faction, a group known as "The Order." It is believed that The Order has very close ties to the Vatican; and that it hunts down all enemies of God. The Vatican has long considered vampires God's most hated earthly enemy.

Features:

* Three individual and completely unique sides; each with their own art, sounds, models, and more
* A ground-breaking resource system that uses the remains of fallen enemies to produce and acquire additional technology
* The ability to see through the eyes of teammates while in combat
* Three levels of technology for each team that can be obtained to provide additional combat possibilities
* Special character abilities that allow players to teleport, fly, walk on walls, cloak, and more
* A vast array of weapons, armor, and equipment unique to each side
* Capturable "outpost" locations in each map that allow teams to defend captured territory and equip for battle
* Bases equipped with destroyable features and automatic defenses
* Team captains with the ability to create weapons and armor from harvested resources
* Objective based game play that allows for multiple routes to victory
* Special hidden relics that provide powerful additional abilities
* Rare superweapons in the form of playable characters able to decimate entire teams

Something new to Caliber is the newly added customization section to the site. This section will be filled with creations from the public to official patches by the team as time goes by. I will be in charge of uploads and so will certain membrs of the Caliber Dev Team. Check it out on your way to Caliber, you might like what you find.

Some other things that make Caliber stand out well over other mods is it's team. They are on practically 24/7 working on ways to improve gameplay and to further their development. This mod is gauranteed to be completed and you can all look forward to it's release. They will also be accepting BETA testers depending on how much you contribute to the community and how long you have been on the forums. So if you get there now you might just have a shot at being a BETA tester!

For those who are keeping track of mods through mod databases or sites that frequently keep an eye on mods (half-life2.net, hl2db, hl2files etc etc) then you will know about Caliber's media releases including in-game video's. It just show's how much the team is working on bringing this mod out and to the public. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the link to the latest video is below. Also, the community is vey active at the Caliber Forums and have donated art/signatures/wallpapers/etc. The forum moderators/admins are all fair and don't ban you based on personal grudges. But it's also pretty darn hard to get an admin from Caliber Forums angry with you since they know what it's like to goof around.

Caliber admins are also the same admins from NSArmslab. Both Caliber and NSArmslab are a bi-product of NSA Games (premeiring this summer) and have a very strict and fair system on how to take particular comments (warez, racism, etc)It is a very friendly community, as some of you might soon learn.

I have done some 2D art for Caliber including 2 steam skins and a wallpaper pack. All these images are due for a nice facelift in the near future but this is all we have to offer at the moment. But please, go to our Customization section and download a pack full of .png's for your imaginations to toy with.

------------------------------
Caliber Wallpaper Pack
Image : http://www.calibermod.com/customizat...PackThatty.JPG
Download : http://www.calibermod.com/customization.php

Caliber Official Steam Skin
image : http://www.calibermod.com/customizat...s/Official.JPG
download : http://www.calibermod.com/customization.php

Caliber Official Steam Skin #2
image : http://www.calibermod.com/customizat...ficial%202.JPG
download : http://www.calibermod.com/customization.php

------------------------------

These are a few images of one of our upcoming maps : c_redemtion

c_redemption
c_redemption
c_redemption
c_redemption

Also, we are currently seeking skinners, meshers, and animators. If you are experienced in any of these fields, please visit: http://www.calibermod.com/openings.php

Finally, this is just to remind everyone, we will be providing early beta test slots to outstanding people who actively contribute to our forum community (with posts and feedback). So if you are interested in playing Caliber before anyone else, sign up and post! http://www.calibermod.com/forums

Last but certainly not least, the engine test video that was mentioned earlier.

Caliber Engine Test 2
High Quality
Low Quality

We hope to see you join the Caliber community and support our mod as we make ourselves known.

~Paul "Thatamos" Miller - Public Relations / 2D Artist
Old 05-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Wow, most people that write a post this long as their first are generally advertising free IPOD's or stupid games about what life is all about
But this mod looks really interesting, and I will definantly look further into it.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #3
Thatamos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wow I definitly thought this thread was deleted till I checked my email ^_^
Old 05-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Thatamos:
Wow I definitly thought this thread was deleted till I checked my email ^_^
lol, nah, that doesn't really happen unless you are advertising free IPOD's or anything else that involves scams or spyware.

I downloaded the high quality trailer and was very impressed, I will be eagerly awaiting to try this mod
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I think I may have actually read about this mod in PcGameplay, a magazine about gaming. They had a HL2 special last month. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:21 PM   #6
Thatamos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Are you serious!? Link meh and I will give you the first ever Caliber Cookie!
Old 05-14-2005, 02:43 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Heh.. I don't think they have any articles on their site, which is in Dutch btw. I'm not even sure your mod was among those reviewed. I just know they wrote about a load of HL2 modules last month. Link might now more, he reads the PcGameplay as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:23 PM   #8
Thatamos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heh, Yah I went to take a look only to have a brain tumor [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks for the Info though ^_^
Old 05-15-2005, 12:18 AM   #9
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

it certainly looks like its going to be an interesting mod. I'll keep my eye on it
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:51 AM   #10
Thatamos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This week we have a new map to showcase to you guys, c_moirae! As always, this is a work in progress, but it is already looking like another piece of excellent mapping from moconnor!

We are still seeking additional mappers, skinners, organic modelers, and animators, so if you are good at any of those things, please contact us at join@calibermod.com.

Enjoy!