Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 05:40 AM   #151
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Updated NPC sounds: A few of the characters get some updated sounds...Nalia, in particular, was one I wanted to alter very badly, since as you point out she's hardly the naive little mage/thief she started out as. Didn't have room to change all the characters but we got the important ones. So no more 'For the needy!'

This is great - Nalia is the best good aligned Mage NPC in the game, and her only drawback is the whining. Hardly the most important aspect of the expansion, but sometimes it's the little things eh,

As far as the romances go, I accept that there will be no further choices for us Laydees in the expansion - but perhaps the designers will take note - if there are any future games, leave them out or make it fair! I personally couldn't have cared less about romances - when I bought the game I didn't know they were included, so this isn't a major problem just a slight annoyance. I am also a bit fed up of being told (because this is what it seems to me) that I should be grateful for what I got. If women had settled for this throughout history we would not have the vote blah blah blah - yes I know it is only a game! We are making our voice heard in the hope that in the future game designers will take note that we want equity. If we didn't moan about these things everyone would assume we were 100% happy. Please don't take this the wrong way - I LOVE the game, will LOVE the expansion - this is just a side issue, and there have been plenty of threads on this issue. Rant over.

I'm really looking forward to the wild mage, more evil responses (I don't tend to play evil, but there are plenty of fans who will love this). I really can't wait - has anyone heard a release date? I will just add 2 months so I know when we will get it in Britain - does anyone know why we have to wait so much longer? HOW was over a month later here than in the US.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-08-2001, 06:06 AM   #152
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

As far as the romances go, I accept that there will be no further choices for us Laydees in the expansion - but perhaps the designers will take note - if there are any future games, leave them out or make it fair! I personally couldn't have cared less about romances - when I bought the game I didn't know they were included, so this isn't a major problem just a slight annoyance. I am also a bit fed up of being told (because this is what it seems to me) that I should be grateful for what I got. If women had settled for this throughout history we would not have the vote blah blah blah - yes I know it is only a game! We are making our voice heard in the hope that in the future game designers will take note that we want equity. If we didn't moan about these things everyone would assume we were 100% happy. Please don't take this the wrong way - I LOVE the game, will LOVE the expansion - this is just a side issue, and there have been plenty of threads on this issue. Rant over.

Epona, keep ranting and be heard! That's how future games get better.

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 04:49 PM   #153
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

bounce

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 11:21 PM   #154
Nex
Dungeon Master

heh, here I thought I was being bitched at cuz the posts before me were edited before I came back and read... dummy me

BUMP
Old 04-09-2001, 01:06 AM   #155
Gargoyle
Manshoon

Imagine a Druid at level 40, I was tempted to play a Druid in BG2, but decided against it when i found out they were significantly weaker then the other classes, but level 40.... WOW.

------------------
Time is only relevant if you have none !
Old 04-09-2001, 01:08 AM   #156
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

well it wouldnt really hit level 40 they levelup at a different rate i believe. it takes a lot more exp. to get to those levels with a druid. but they become pretty effective at the "low" level they do attain.

------------------
Old 04-09-2001, 11:50 AM   #157
BG2SOA

*bump*

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-09-2001, 12:18 PM   #158
Legolas the Elven Archer

*BUMP*

Good news indeed, but what's this talk about there not going to be a BG3 on
http://rpgplanet.com/features/previews/bhaal/ ?

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 04-09-2001, 01:52 PM   #159
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:
*BUMP*

Good news indeed, but what's this talk about there not going to be a BG3 on
http://rpgplanet.com/features/previews/bhaal/ ?

I have to say that I think the Bhaalspawn story will be well and truly done to death by the time we have had the expansion - but I do think that another Infinity Engine game ought to be developed. I posted my thoughts on this earlier in the thread (a few pages back) so won't bore everyone by repeating myself endlessly, but I still think there is sellable mileage in more Infinity engine games - there will always be people like me with less than perfect ability to control characters in 3D environments and with less than top of the range PCs to play graphics-heavy games on.

I would buy another Infinity Engine game were one to be released.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-09-2001, 04:30 PM   #160
BG2SOA

*bump*

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich