Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #21
crpgnut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the tip, Law! I remember that the priest has some necessary spells so I could switch one of the Wizards to Warlock instead. I'm not going to be in a hurry to switch classes. It doesn't seem to be too necessary, at least so far.

I know I'm gonna want the travel spells pretty soon. It is EXTREMELY boring walking back and forth all the time.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:43 PM   #22
Law
Dungeon Master

I you are going to switch to Warlock soon (in the Valeia area) make sure you hold on to any spider eggs that you find. They are rare in Valeia but quit common after Ishad N'ha (as the peasants found out).

Myself, I seem to avoid the Warlock class until late in the game, to get any spells that I have missed. I go through the Bard or Ninja class to get the Moon (travel) spells.

Of course there is no wrong way to play this game.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #23
crpgnut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cleaned out the crypt finally. I know I have to go back for the various guild quests, but I have opened up the whole map at least and took care of Scabban. My next step is to do some Valeia guild quests and open up the whole map to the Caves. I've only promoted my warriors so far. They are both Barbarians atm. I need to go on the other side of the warrior/wizard path next time I visit the crypts. I haven't cleared that part because I was completely full in inventory.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #24
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... did you do the first Wizards Guild quest already? You're supposed to find out about Scabban... you may still be able to get credit, even though he's now dead.

LOL @ full inventory [img]smile.gif[/img] I've been in that situation often!

Sometimes, I find I've forgotten to stack things. Everyone may have a stack of some potions like cure poison, heal, great heal, stone to flesh, toughen, restore health, cure, bloodlust, and heroic might. Other stackable things, like arrows, knives, gems, skulls, and lockpicks can also take up excess space.

And sometimes, I just toss items away. Most of the swords you'll find are rusted short ones, so why not just leave 'em for the next guy? Daggers, too... they're worth next to nothing. And clubs? Sheesh! Firewood, that's all they are.

Keep us posted!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #25
crpgnut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Blasphemy! I am king of the packrats. There is no such thing as a "left behind" item in my game [img]smile.gif[/img]

I did talk to the guild mage before whacking Scabban. Last night I took some potions to Mekdawa, and retrieved the saint's ring, and whacked Mon Sculz. Tonight I hope to visit Toad Village, and talk to the Oracles. I still need to take the Necklace back to the big-chested druid chick and then clean out everything south of the caves.

I'm on vacation all next week so I don't know how much game time I'll get.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #26
crpgnut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After the vacation break, I just couldn't get back into this game. I've started playing ToEE with the Circle of Eight patch. Never got to finish that game.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:49 PM   #27
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Bummer W&W will come back to haunt you again later

Have fun with TOEE!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote