Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-22-2004, 06:05 PM   #11
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Damn dude, that's some serious stuff, there's no way you can turn this thing around legally, like in court ?
I wish. I deal with a lot of high profile clients that pay a considerable amount of money. So far, I've lost the original client plus 2 others which totals roughly $500k a year. It's especially ironic considering the employee was hired to prevent the very thing that he did.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:12 PM   #12
Double D
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Kapitalist guy!!!! nah j/k man

Sorry about your loss, hope it gets ok.

DD
Old 10-22-2004, 07:17 PM   #13
javan
Zhentarim Guard

OUCH!!

A loss of reputation can seriously affect someone's business. My grandfather had an apprentice who quit on him after a few months. The apprentice went to my grandfather's clients and bad-mouthed my grandfather's workmanship. My grandfather lost almost half his clients at the time.

I feel for you, Animal...
Old 10-22-2004, 07:40 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

OMG that is really messed up Animal! Dang, now I know why you are so angry and want to beat the crap outta the guy. He did get caught though right? And will be punished by the law in some way?

I'm sorry to hear you lost 2 clients, and hope it will stop at the 2. Your reputation has been damaged a bit, yes, but I think reputations can be gained back. What you should probably do is make sure that you have contacted all your other clients, and do a good job of assuring them that you have taken precautions to make sure that sort of thing never happens again. If you don't feel you are good at that sort of thing, let one of your employees do it, someone who is a people person and good with... convincing (for lack of a better word). You CAN bounce back. *HUGS*

Again that just sucks, if that guy was in my neighborhood, I'd be tempted to hit him in the knees with a baseball bat myself.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-22-2004, 10:50 PM   #15
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

If you need to really vent here, do it in the Sig Testing forum and blow it away when you're done [img]smile.gif[/img] That will give you one outlet.

I feel your pain. I haven't had that happen (yet), but for the majority of companies in the US (and indeed the world), a half-mil hit is more than noticable.

I was going to write some feelgood stuff, but that probably won't matter right now. Get the anger and frustration out, and then start to work on the question that your remaining customers (and even those departed ones) will have: what controls can you put in place so that this kind of thing doesn't happen again? That will be your defense for your remaining customrs, and it could be the means to gain the others back.

Be proactive on it, and you'll do better than you would otherwise.

Peace.

*B*
Old 10-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #16
SecretMaster
Apophis

Wow, I am very sorry, and I know how bad this can be.

My mom's doctor spent her entire life aiding patients and stuff, and saved up her money for retirement. She was an unsuspecting, kind, and caring person who trusted everyone. Well, her accountant stole money from her, a lot of it. When she found out, this person fled to Florida and evaded legal action.

She hired another person from her church. This lady did the same thing, only with the church minister. They stole most of her assets and fled.

So now she can't retire and is struggling to make a living at the age of sixty something, when she could have spent her life long retirment dream of working in an Indian village as a nurse down in south america.

I am terribly sorry for your loss, and try to get this bastard back. If you don't, life will bite him in the ass.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:58 PM   #17
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Sorry to hear about that one.

It is ironic in a sense, but then it's the perfect position to do that kind thing anyway and I hate people like that. If I were there I would help you kick his tiny arse.

I am with LadyZ. Reassure the clients (which of course I think you already did) and catch this SOB. If you get him, I am pretty sure some sort of order will be restored.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:27 AM   #18
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

When you said background check, I thought a different agency, where you are now responsible for his previous actions. Now that it's laid out, yea'll, your rep is priceless.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:29 AM   #19
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

sorry man, wish I knew what to say, to bad you really can't kick his rear over it hope things improve and you get your clients back on your good side.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:54 AM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, Animal, I'm sorry to hear about the business setback! Reputation, IS pretty important for most businesses and it's hard to say'hey, we had one bad apple and he's gone' but that's about all you can do and work hard to repair your rep and make sure it doesn't happen again.

I know, easier said than done, by far, but I can't think of anything else to say other than, I understand your anger and frustation and hope things get better!