Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2001, 02:53 AM   #1
Rikard

btw Dun = doesn't

ooc: I've been thinking about it and Evolution what prove is their for it?
We had this question during class And My teacher played the disbeliever (we had no real disbeliever unfortunatly) and i pushed my teacher so far back in his arguments he started using "God Created this to throw us of of the truth"
Basicly I'm gonna play the disliever (unless we got some real disbeliever) And you try confincing me Evolution exists.

ic
Evolution dun Exist because...
You Caint Proof it

ooc I have better but this one is so hard to proof wrong

------------------

Konfuzed, of Konfuzed and Zany, Bad Writerz Klub

[This message has been edited by Rikard (edited 10-30-2001).]

Old 10-30-2001, 04:04 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hey you can check some of the arguments here about evolution... well its human evolution... in my post

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/004714.html

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-30-2001, 04:06 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

There's a counter-argument to everything, so as long as you can keep digging them up, nobody can offer undeniable proof countering or supporting the theory of Evolution.

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-30-2001, 04:29 AM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
There's a counter-argument to everything, so as long as you can keep digging them up, nobody can offer undeniable proof countering or supporting the theory of Evolution.
true Lifetime.. so true.. the only way i can have equilibrium in all these beliefs is by keeping a moderate belief on all of them... however i disagree on some but you can believe them all

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-30-2001, 04:36 AM   #5
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:

One thing to consider is that as a scientific theory if it has no proof then it is worthless. It's not even a real theory, only a hypothesis. They try to ride it in on the coattails of the theory of natural selection to make people think it's true. But in fact the isn't enough hard scientific evidence to support it to amount for diddly squat.
Some people say, "well the same can be said for creation". The difference is that creation is not a scientific theory and is based on faith not scientific evidence. It can be true without concrete proof.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:04 AM   #6
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

if you think about it humans have developed into almost an anti evolutionary being. Plants and animals continue to evolve as they live by the basic principle of survival of the fitest. Human evolved so far because medicine could heal the injured and dying but could keep the healthy in that state. Once medicines were able to save the injured and dying the human evolutionary cycle slowed. As good as it is that medicine can now save lives (i mean ive had family in hospital) its the basic reason why we havent evolved significantly in the last cantury

------------------
Nor shadow or myst
the jester is a myth
he is absolute
beware the jester
Old 10-30-2001, 05:23 AM   #7
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

We haven't evolved significantly in several centuries, and what I think is a bit odd is that everyone has being going straight for the proverbial jugular when talking about evolution, the humans.
Of course human evolution is harder, we've been staying too similar for ta long time.
However, if you look to the rest of the animal kingdom, then evolution is shown more clearly.

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-30-2001, 03:28 PM   #8
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
We haven't evolved significantly in several centuries, and what I think is a bit odd is that everyone has being going straight for the proverbial jugular when talking about evolution, the humans.
Of course human evolution is harder, we've been staying too similar for ta long time.
However, if you look to the rest of the animal kingdom, then evolution is shown more clearly.

Once again, you're talking about the theory of natural selection here, not the whole man from monkey, everything from the sea, bg bang evolution stuff.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:33 PM   #9
Rikard

Let me give some REAL reasons why evolutions dun exist
simple
Yopu cannot SEE it can ?
And if birds and reptiles and humans have the same styart
Where are the missing links?
Where are the creatures between reptiles and birds?, between reptiles and mammals? between mammals and birds?

------------------

Konfuzed, of Konfuzed and Zany, Bad Writerz Klub

Old 10-30-2001, 03:53 PM   #10
Sorcerer Alex

It is strange that the theory of evolution has only recently been accepted. When you think about how long we've been on this earth, it's odd that we know so little about it. Darwin's theory hasn't been proven to be true, there are exceptions and contradictions all over the place. Maruspial mice were found in Australia for the first time in 1975, for example. That simply defies logic. No single theory can ever really be a hundred percent sound, so evolution is still a huge mystery, like so many things on this earth. And to quote J. B. S. Haldane - "The universe is not only queerer than we imagine - it is queerer than we can imagine"

------------------
Ciao!

[This message has been edited by Sorcerer Alex (edited 10-30-2001).]