Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-08-2001, 02:02 PM   #21
BLACK KNIGHT

Two things:

Hellfire: Chin up, man. Good guys don't always finish last, it just feels like it sometimes. And you are not the only mature 24 yr old on the board. =) Let me tell you a story. I was about 3 months away from being married at one point, and she decided she didn't love me. Then I found out she had been seeing someone for about 2 months. And she was pregnant. It was his. So I moped about for about 10 days then I started looking and about two months later I found a girl who would put up my Gaming, CRPGing, card-playing, ESPN watching, sumo-wrestling ways and I have been with her for 2.5 years. So you never know. She is married with two kids and a Mortgage and her hubby is a cop who could be shot anytime leaving her with the mortgage and two kids and a crapping job because she was an English/History major. So things do work out sometimes for us nice guys.

And Two: why is V'Day always about getting the GIRL things? Cleaning the house for HER . . . buying presents for HER. Being romantic for HER. Why can't it be about doing stuff for HIM? What about it Ladies, what special things do you do for you Man on V'Day? I personally do romantic, special things year round (ie flowers just because, cards to say I love you, planned weekends away, poetry in her purse, etc) so I feel I don't need a specific day to do these things.

BK

Old 02-08-2001, 02:16 PM   #22
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hey Black Knight did you miss my post or what!!
I always give my boyfriend presents as much as I get from him!!!

When we were together for 10 months I told him to drive in the direction I told him (as I don't have a driver's license) and led him to a terrific castle where I had booked us dinner and a steamy night in a superdeluxe hotelroom

When we were together for one year, I made him a special meal with shrimp cocktail, wine, grapes etc. at my place

For the two birthdays that I was with him I gave him
1. an Ex Libris stamp with his own name and a self-designed celtic knotwork border which I had made at some expensive shop
2. I ordered two out-of-print antique William Morris books which he really wanted to have but never expected to get from me

Yesterday we celebrated our 2 years anniversary and I gave him ten vouchers which probably needed a "Parental Advisory - Explicit Content" sticker , and yet another set of William Morris books

How's THAT for gifts? So you see not all girlfriends are expecting to be pampered and give nothing in return (Luckily my boyfriend treats me just as good as i do him!)

Any other ladies want to prove BK wrong?!
Old 02-08-2001, 05:39 PM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Bumpety bump...page 2 already?!
Old 02-08-2001, 05:49 PM   #24
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hellfire, Wolfie, welcome to the club. v-day is not anything special, the only women i send gifts to are my daughters. After not one but TWO experiences like yours, h.f., i grew tired of working hard to provide the nice house and car, only to loose them to someone who had too much time on her hands because i made sure she did not have to work so someone could be around to be with the kid (s). Unfortunately, that also left time for dating, which i never believed went well with marriage. I've got to figure it must be my ability to pick'em more than anything else. However, i do not waste too much time on bitterness (anymore!). I have many good female friends, some are closer than others, but the ground rules learned in the scorched earth of my past are simple: always tell the truth, and just as important, never accept a lie. If you ever find friends who fit within those, that is someone who you should alwayskeep around, and i have found women i can trust- oh, yeah, the 3rd rule of thumb- if you have to change them to fit you better, better to just move on, because the harder you force it, the more it hurts when it breaks apart. Zor, GO FOR IT remember, sincerity is a priceless gift you can give every day, and if your prospective lady does not realize it's value, you should realize she is not up to the standards to which you aspire. My daughter is my special date, and we are going out for rollerskating and ice cream- i couldn't imagine a better v-day date. JJ
Old 02-08-2001, 07:48 PM   #25
Stealth Bomber

Newbie, I couldn't agree more. Nuff said!

Old 02-08-2001, 08:12 PM   #26
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Newbie, I feel very sorry for your predicament. You seem to have worked hard to maintain your family and were betrayed in return. Your outlook is a very positive one though, you sound like a great father! Have fun rollerskating (I loved to rollerskate with my father when I was a child!).

Another piece o poem:

The Boat has many holes
But the Oar has many goals
Old 02-08-2001, 08:52 PM   #27
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm not doing a thing. Unless someone can send me a girlfriend. Moneys a bit short( mother$#%& @#$$ van) but I can offer up to $50 for a nice girlfriend. Any offers? Then I'll be the Lord of AlcoRomance! Yes, the "Stud with a Bud(weiser)" I'm thinking of scheduling interviews but time is short so step up and be lively!
Old 02-09-2001, 12:30 AM   #28
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LoA, i can think of two women right off the top of my head who would be good candidates (morals proven to be of the temporary, situational kind), but i'd hate to be the one to intro you to the ex's. Unless you changed your moniker to Lord of Ex-cesses?
Old 02-09-2001, 12:34 AM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hellfire, hang in there. You may not realize it yet, but you are going through a grieving process and it will run it's course. God Bless.

Cloudbringer
Old 02-09-2001, 04:59 AM   #30
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Newbie, I think your daughters couldn´t ask for a nicer gift then to have their father care for them! They should be happy indeed!

As well for your lessons of life, they´re apreciated, I never lie (except when telling jokes, military stories or when I´m drunk or on the net hehe)
Well I got tired of lies. I too have some ladyfriends which friendship I value very high. Wouldn´t risk them with trying to make it more than it is, I´m content with what it gives me so far, and that is alot.
As for nice guys not finishing last, well that may be as it is.. And well the girls should bring us presents to, but I could be a long wait for some of us.. Of course you should do things for each other this day.

Melusine: I´m happy for you and I hope your love will continue to bring you joy. I think that your little gifts was a great idea..

For thoose unhappy in love or that has been through a tough time, there are not comfort in words, I know this so I wont tell the, only that I understand, I myself still feel like a whelp trying out his first steps at an emotional plan, my loss was great and I paid dearly to get up in the mornings.