Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2001, 10:15 AM   #11
marc1ace

The feeling I get from those people at the end, is that they are all children of Bhaal. Unlike Sarevok who took the evil pathway and you(well at least I played it this way) who took the good path, they are truly neutral in nature. They try to avoid the use of their devine power and keep a close look at all others who might have such a heritage that could disrupt the balance.

Although this is just my stupid idea, I think that these people will be geving you some problems in BG III (if it comes out at all) saying that although you use your power for justice, it still is disrupting the balance.

Old 01-06-2001, 11:07 AM   #12
Ramon

Hi Memnoch,

I agree with you that people on this board are not always as careful about spoiling as they should be. I, myself, have only begun to
post recently and tink, that I have been quite careful so far. Avoiding spoilers is a way of being considerate, thinking of what others might want or rather not want, but it sure is no excuse for anybody else to stop thinking themselves and putting a minimum of effort into trying to avoid to be spoilt if that matters to them. Otherwise one could hardly dare to post anymore, since almost anything can be a possible spoiler for someone out there. And putting a spoiler warning at the start of every post would just have an inflationary effect that would render the warnings useless pretty soon. That was the point of my reply to Bocaj, since this thread just seemed like about the least adequate place for a complaint about spoilers to me.

To me, the best way to avoid spoiling is labelling the threads properly in such a way
that it is easy to determine to which sections/aspects of the game they are related. Just like this one. Apart from that spoilers should be reserved to posts or parts of posts that for some reason depart from the main topic of the thread.

By the way, flaming as a reaction to spoiling
would just quickly destroy what most members agree is the most valuable asset of this board: the very friendly atmosphere.

Well, somehow I seem unable to do short posts.

So long,

Ramon

Old 01-06-2001, 11:25 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think we agree with each other, Ramon. And my posts are long, too so don't worry.

I didn't think bocaj's response was a flame though. He wasn't abusive at all. If he had called Indy a f*cking idiot (which I'm glad he didn't) that would be a flame.

Agree also that anything could be construed as a spoiler for anyone else. I think though that a TRUE spoiler is a thread/post that reveals something important to the plot/storyline of the game. think of it like a movie plot twist or a movie ending. little things about the movie won't worry you if you find out about them so no need to put spoiler warnings there. People have to use their judgment!

In any case, this thread didn't need a spoiler warning, I'm just supporting bocaj's views on spoiler etiquette.