Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 09:13 AM   #1
Ziroc

Hi all, first off, let me say thank you to all that wished me a great Marriage, and good luck!! And we had a great time and still are!!

Ok, what I did to the smileys was change that one webpage with all [IMG] tags to actual ::image:: formats, so it will be easier to call them from the forum..

ALSO, I've been checking my server stats, and have seen that some other websites and other forums are linking to OUR smileys! (Not copying them to their servers, but linking to them, which is a HUGE no-no). One was on the Wizards of the Coast website (lol), and another was a site that had nearly EVERY one of our smileys on his site, and was linking from me. (Grrr), So what I did was also MOVE the smileys, so they will be blank on other sites

It just uses our bandwidth whenever someone loads those images, it calls our site for the image.. anyway, it's taken care of. ALL the smileys can be called the same old way except the new ones (the ones that used to be [IMG] tags)

(Deep breath)..............

I got a lot of reading to do, been busy as hell with getting married and all.. It's cool too..scary at the alter. I'll get some pics up when our film gets back to us if you want!

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Old 05-10-2001, 09:18 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

Hi Ziroc,

I have a few of good smilies that you don't have yet, would you like them? One is reading, and another has a lightbulb appearing above his head as if he has just had an idea.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 05-10-2001, 09:20 AM   #3
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Hi Ziroc,

I have a few of good smilies that you don't have yet, would you like them? One is reading, and another has a lightbulb appearing above his head as if he has just had an idea.
Sure, Send em on to webmaster@tgeweb.com that goes for anyone else too, if they are cool, I'll add em!!

Ziroc

Old 05-10-2001, 09:21 AM   #4
Sir_Tainly

ok will send a few tonight

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 05-10-2001, 09:22 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

HOOooOOooOowl

Hehe, hi there married man!

Dying to see the pics !

I´m happy to hear you happy Ziroc!!!!

Best of all wishes!!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES

[This message has been edited by WOLFGIR (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-10-2001, 09:36 AM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ziroc - Congratulations again, and yes, show us those wedding pictures!! BTW, I have occasionally been using different smileys from another smiley website. Is that a no-no too?

------------------
Old 05-10-2001, 09:41 AM   #7
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Ziroc - Congratulations again, and yes, show us those wedding pictures!! BTW, I have occasionally been using different smileys from another smiley website. Is that a no-no too?

If its your website its usually fine, or if you have an angelfire or geocities site its cool.. but linking from someone else's website without permission is a no no in netiquette terms, and can get your account killed. Just be careful.. If you have an image that you need hosted, just let me know, and I'll put it on our servers, no problem!

Ziroc
Not Whipped YET Webmaster

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 05-10-2001).]

Old 05-10-2001, 09:45 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

Is it okay to copy an image from someone else's site to your own and link from there?

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Heading for Cardiff
Old 05-10-2001, 09:48 AM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Mmmm. Not sure. I don't have an account or anything there. Here, let me give you the link and you take a look, and then tell me what you think:

http://mysmilies.com/as/index.shtml

------------------
Old 05-10-2001, 09:53 AM   #10
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Is it okay to copy an image from someone else's site to your own and link from there?

Nope, to do any copying or the like you have to have the original makers authorisation (damn long word ). Though alot of people don´t abide to this..

Best is as my teacher told me. Do everything yourself or buy the damn thing so there are no questions asked!

To take a copy for personal use is more oftenly regarded as OK. But to use it you would probably have to add something about the person who made it unless you edit it so it is not comparable to the original one, or if it is stated that they´re free images/objects..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES