Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-19-2002, 07:24 PM   #1
Baldassare
Dungeon Master

I have gotten the key in the battle room. Now can I still play the other levels to get other stuff. I have only gotten crummy arrows and things like that. What gives and where is the good stuff at????
Old 09-19-2002, 10:05 PM   #2
Kalak
The Magister

There are other threads that cover this in depth that I've posted on, but i'll make it easy this once

Yes, it's like playing tic-tac-toe as you've found out. At rank 1 though you can beat the game several different times to 'complete' the rank. You have to defeat the battle square while controlling 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 squares to 'complete' it. When you do a complete rank you get a spiffy magical item vs. the potable magic items you get for completing only 1 part of a rank. However, don't expect anything real good till you complete rank 3 and don't bother with more than 7 as it seems to me although maybe not others that diminishing rewards start taking place.
Old 09-20-2002, 03:39 AM   #3
Rawel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

|
|
|
|
|
|
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
|
|
|
|
Actually i couldn't agree with the diminishing rewards as the last reward is
the briliant short sword +5 (bypasses any armor) and the one before is a
spear +4 capable of casting icelance once per day. And actually after you get
the club of disruption in rank 3 or 4 (don't remember exactly) the last ranks
tend to be easier then the middle ones, since most of the last rank guys are
devils or demons which for me where much easier then the remorhazes earlier on.
Rawel is offline   Reply With Quote