Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2003, 07:53 PM   #31
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

I think IW is one of the best forums. Sorry but I am not old enough to donate.
There is a threat that Ironworks is going to be shut down?? Nooooooooooo!!!!!

[ 10-17-2003, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Gab ]
Old 10-18-2003, 02:23 PM   #32
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

I can try sending cash, but isn't this just slapping a band-aid on the hemorrhage?

I remember mentioning fundraising on the last money thread, and other people mentioned member status. Member status got quashed. But would fundraising work? If enough people banded together to create an IW t-shirt or mousepad or something, especially in time for the holiday season, do you think it could work?
Old 10-18-2003, 04:30 PM   #33
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Well, I got just GREAT news in my email... my banner ad company has DROPPED me as a member (Valueclick) because no one was even clicking on the banners. We had 4 clicks in a total of 25 days. And then, I Get another from EBWorld, saying I don't meat the number of purchases per a 3 Month period, so now, I have zero income coming in.

To add on to it, I have 4 bills that are late, and 1 went to collections because I can't even pay them. lol. It's freaking sad guys.. I am at the end of the line it seems, and the only thing I can do is ask--plead for donations to help keep Ironworks up and a bit extra a Month--even if a lot of folks just sent in like 10.00 or something, that would help out SO.. SO much..

I don't like asking for help, as you can see, but this is it guys. I gotta do something now, or we could lose out lights/power or car insurance too. I've been gone on and off these past 2 weeks trying to get some work on PC's and crap, but most of you know that I've got a bad back/hip pain, and it ties me in knots when I do too much--another thing I HATE telling people I'm just f'ed, and need some help, because right now, I feel like crap, and can't provide crap for Donna as I used too.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, it just sucks and I'm at the end of the line and need a lot of help.. If you can donate some, I have paypal or checks are fine.. check this link for info on my address and paypal info:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/donate.shtml

I've been sitting here all night worrying about how we're going to make it from now on, and this is my last chance for the moment.

Thanks guys,

Dan
Yeah. Paying bills really sucks. I loathe bills. So how many times should I click on the ads? BTW why aren't the ads on the forum menus? Makes sense to put them where the people are Ziroc. Ever thought about making the ads pop-up automatically just once when someone goes to the menu page. Then it goes away when we are logged on. OR can you have the ads run continuously on the sides so that there would be no need for pop-ups? Just a thought. I'll go and click on some of those ads after this writing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2003, 11:55 PM   #34
Chewbacca
Zartan

Hey Ziroc, one of the D&D forums I go to has "sponsored links" rather than banners or pop-ups. They are very unobtrusive and If you want I can share with you the link to so you can check it out for yourself to see if thats an option to consider.

I admit I always forgot to click the banners, mostly becasue I come straight to the forum index page. Out of sight out of mind I guess.

Anyway. Good luck with the donations. I hope the dough I'm expecting comes in- time to help!
Old 10-19-2003, 04:46 PM   #35
Too Hot
Dungeon Master

sorry mate am broke and only 15
Old 10-20-2003, 02:13 AM   #36
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Dan, check your Paypal account, I just sent you something. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2003, 10:37 AM   #37
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Hey, when you're in debt as far as I am, a few more bucks won't make a difference. I'll see how this will work from Canada, I'm not too familiar with paypal.

..I think that worked!!

[ 10-20-2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 10-20-2003, 12:55 PM   #38
GForce

Paypal, eh? Sorry I don't like paypal. It's not my pal. Dislike the fact I have to enter my last 3 digits on my card, and also when logging on, it asks for other security sensitive info. I gave them lip about and canceled my account. Anyhoo, yeah Ziroc you really should have the banners more visible and maybe a caption that asks us to click on the ads at least once just to keep the boat afloat. BTW where the heck are your banners? I seen them before but now I can't find them.

Old 10-20-2003, 06:05 PM   #39
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Well bud, I've given a couple times in the past. This time I have to pass. Lawers, court ordered evaluators, court ordered psychologists, an engagement ring and two car repairs have drained us completely. I've spent thousands. I have no savings left and still owe some. I have a wedding and Xmas to save for also. My fiance has given each of us an allowance of about $20 per week after bills for gas and extras. I'm keeping and counting my loose change for Pete's sake! I've NEVER been this tight!

If you don't mind me being frank Z, maybe you should shut down for a bit. As much as I like it here, I hate to see a forum take precedence over your other family needs. Sometimes you have to let some stuff go in the name of the more important cause. You can always bring her back on-line when things get better. You seem quite talented. Go get yourself the career you deserve. I know IT times are tough, but there's still a bit of good work out there to be had. Once you get the resources you need, then worry about your hobby web server. I know this is probably making everyone gasp and think murderous thoughts of me, but honestly, let's think about Zirocs well being here. His plight sounds pretty rough and I for one wouldn't want to see him or his family wanting because of this forum. I know Z loves this forum as do we all, but I want to see him happy and successful too. I know I ditch any hobbies that bill monthly when times are tight, including cable and internet. We don't want Choc to starve!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:48 PM   #40
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

He's fine [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps