Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2003, 11:23 AM   #31
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
we have bigger spiders and we have the most deadly spiders. my old house used to have spiders *small* with a white stripe that would not kill you but if you were allergic to the poison it could leave you with a gruesome disfigurement. I'll try to find the link to some pics [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
Thanks for the link Johnny. The redback is the most common spider around where I live now but because our kids are sensible and leave them alone we do not bother killing them, just move them away if they come in the house.

this is a quote from the white stripe spider link (johnny's link)

The white-tailed spider (Lampona cylindrata), and bites from some other spiders, such as the common black window or house spider (Badumna species), the cupboard or brown spider, and (in the US)the brown recluse (Loxosceles reclusa) and hobo spiders (Tegenaria agrestis), have been infrequently implicated in the development of the so-called necrotising arachnidism syndrome, in which a near-painless bite progresses to painful cutaneous blistering and inflammation which may progress into intensely cyanotic lesions, occasionally resulting in substantial recurrent local tissue necrosis with a deep rolled ulcer involving fat and skin and exposing muscle. Amputation has been required for severe necrosis, and ulcer recurrence may last for years.

Our old house had hundreds of these!!!!

but do not let any of this put you off visiting. the locals (Human) are friendly [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

[ 07-10-2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 07-10-2003, 05:25 PM   #32
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm scared of spiders. I had a nightmare about spiders in my room the other night; it was awful. We get quite a lot of huntsmen in our house in the summer, which I am well aware are not dangerous, but I'm not afraid of getting bitten by spiders, I'm afraid of them running over me, which huntsmen could do easily. I don't mind them outside where they catch bugs but not in my house.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:07 PM   #33
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I'm not scared of spiders. though I have a tendency to immediately kill one if I happen to bump into one.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:21 AM   #34
cazzie
Dungeon Master

mm it depends on the spider and the situation ...i woke up n there was a spider on my bed which was rather scary but im not usually scared of them
Old 07-11-2003, 12:28 AM   #35
Azimaith
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
quote:
Originally posted by Mundus:
spiders are evil, scary, dangerous an im terrified of them ARGGH!
dangerous? [/QUOTE]They are harmless as long they do not feel threthend.(sp?) They often bite from fear or they feel threthend. You too punch somebody on the nose if you feel threathned don`t you? [/QUOTE]Ah but you aren't punching him in the nose because you hid in his shoe and he put it on without knowing you were in there. Whats there to be afraid of spiders anyhow, they rarely bite in common house varieties, tap out your boots and such if you live somewhere with nasty ones. Thats all you CAN do really.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Old 07-11-2003, 01:56 AM   #36
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
The white-tailed spider (Lampona cylindrata), and bites from some other spiders, such as the common black window or house spider (Badumna species), the cupboard or brown spider, and (in the US)the brown recluse (Loxosceles reclusa) and hobo spiders (Tegenaria agrestis), have been infrequently implicated in the development of the so-called necrotising arachnidism syndrome, in which a near-painless bite progresses to painful cutaneous blistering and inflammation which may progress into intensely cyanotic lesions, occasionally resulting in substantial recurrent local tissue necrosis with a deep rolled ulcer involving fat and skin and exposing muscle. Amputation has been required for severe necrosis, and ulcer recurrence may last for years.

Our old house had hundreds of these!!!!

but do not let any of this put you off visiting. the locals (Human) are friendly [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
We have white-tails in NZ too. My Grandmother was bitten by one of these while gardening last summer. It was painful for her, but easily treatable.

For all the arachnaphobia that is present in so many parts of the world, I've still never seen any species on Earth dish out more unnecessary death, pain and destruction than the common human. It's not like spiders are hard to deal with. Their diplomatic philosophy is pretty simple, and one that I hold dear as well: 'Leave me the f**k alone and I'll do the same for you'.

[ 07-11-2003, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]