Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 02:08 PM   #1
Rikard

Do you still remember the Old Days
Back in august and october
When you could go away for a week and miss about 10 threads and 30 posts
Where i still knew who everybody was

When people didn't post for the post numbers
and off topic was still controlable

Not that i don't like it now
I just miss the "Group" feeling

------------------
The Legend Rikard T'Aranaxz
Master Necromancer
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF

Old 03-05-2001, 02:19 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm only off-line on the weekends and find it impossible on Monday mornings to ge caught up! BTW: Good to see you back, Rikard!

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-05-2001, 02:22 PM   #3
Black Knight

Rikard, just remember, I'm not flaming you here. BUT this is a general discussion board, and everything is new blah blah blah. There is a forum that is all BGII all the time. And yes this is out of control. But the only way to get to know everyone is to post and respond. just IMHO. I do agree with you, but it is fun, not a bad thing. Everything ok?

BK
Old 03-05-2001, 02:25 PM   #4
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Shite....now-a-days you leave for 5 minutes and you have missed 5 topics and 100 posts

Does anyone even check the BGII forum anymore....I try to check it when I first get on and before I leave, but never in between

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 02:32 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Rikard, again, welcome back. And I understand what you are saying. But remember, things change and the board has evolved. It won't always be new and this tempting to post just for the "numbers", which incidentally bothers me a bit too. (see Memnoch's confession-spammer thread near the 18-20 pgs) It will pass and be a slightly different place in a month, you watch!

But, please Rikard, try and find a comfy niche for yourself! We would miss even a few posts from you if you didn't come here now and then! I know I've missed you this week!

And yes, I lurk in the BG2 forum and will post now and again. How can I not? I'm still playing the game through for my first time!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-05-2001, 02:35 PM   #6
Reeka

I agree with Memnoch that's it's important to not forget the regular BGII sight. People still need help with problems. I'm going to try to answer (if I know an answer) at least one question a day. I know that I've really needed the help at times.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-05-2001, 02:55 PM   #7
Hesperex

The vast majority of my relavent posts are on the BG2 board. Although admitedly I have had a spam day today. (still you've goota have some fun sometime)

------------------

Old 03-05-2001, 03:00 PM   #8
Epona
Zartan

I always make a point of going to the BGII board BEFORE I come here! Otherwise I know that I'll get distracted by all the lovely SPAM! But I try to be a good girl and answer some queries, not that I don't enjoy that too, because I do.

It's a bit worrying to go to work, come home and find that the 'spammers' thread is on 21 pages (which btw I haven't really got the time to read, although I know it'll make me laugh - maybe I'll copy the text & read it off-line later) - I know everyone's after the stars at the moment, I'm not without guilt myself in that respect, but I think the novelty will wear off soon, and things will settle down more like normal, whatever *that* is!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-05-2001, 03:02 PM   #9
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I always make a point of going to the BGII board BEFORE I come here! Otherwise I know that I'll get distracted by all the lovely SPAM!

Me too. But most of the stuff is already good and answered before I get there.

BK
Old 03-05-2001, 03:02 PM   #10
Hesperex

Your probably right Epona. Anyway you were sposed to be raceing me to Drow Warrior which is 250 posts, looks like you have a lot!!! of posting to do

------------------