Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Wacth out for I Love NY 3!

Anyone been watching the farce that is "NY goes to Hollywood"? Talk about scripted. But yes, a fabricated break-up was again staged between her and Tailor Made, leading us up to yet another season of ILNY!

I love my trash reality so staged or not I don't complain, but man, this "break-up and get another season" shit is becoming old. Regardless, I cheerfully await the return of NY to our screens, wondering just what band of meatheads she'll bring this time. And/or if her mother will ever reveal the truth about the demon-blood running through her veins.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Default Re: Wacth out for I Love NY 3!

I couldn't watch most of that NY Goes To Hollywood stuff. NO doubt scripted and frankly I found it boring. The thing that made I Love NY so popular were the freaks, and the freaks interacting with her. By herself she's pretty sad really.

And yet another Charm School is coming with more people looking to continue their 15 minutes LOL. I am really getting sick of that Megan girl, she is on her 4th reality show now! It's like her job LOL. Thing is, if you ever watch those Real World/Road Rules Challenges, you see that indeed a lot of these reality show kids trying to make a living continuing to go on more Challenges each year, and touring to speak at colleges and such for extra cash (although what a college would want with the likes of them I can only wonder!).

I did like I Love Money though, was pretty entertaining. Although it could have been funnier if they didn't boot off the best freaks first LOL. Ah well, I'm sure there will be an ILM2!

That Shear Genius was boring this year. Not that I'm surprised, I mean, there is only so much you can do with hair LOL. Top Design is on now, which is always strange to me because they take their decorating sooo seriously LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah, NY is boring as hell alone. Like every single piece of her "Hollywood" show was scripted. I love how she gets a mysterious call at the end from Cris Abrego. Odd that she is so surprised to hear from him when he's actually directing and producing the show! Then there was the girl she fought with who just happend to show up at her "auditions". Then her mother just happend to arrive when she's shooting a show. *Sigh*

Shear Genius, yeah. Did you see that alien-looking chick got her show? My god.

Charm school might be interesting now that Monique (shiver) is gone. I like Misses O, personally. May be worth a look.

I liked I Love Money too. So weird seeing them all again. Truly a game show though. I really despise when things come down to "alliances" as it always reminds me of survivor/big brother.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
Ladyzekke

Oh yes, the alien chick Tabatha! I've tried to watch her "Tabatha's Salon Takeover" but she isn't as entertaining either by herself (or living with a group of people she is competing against I mean). I think there was one show where the hairdresser owner was completely lazy and lame, and there was a bit of back-and-forth between them that was entertaining and reminiscent of the old Tabatha from last year's Shear Genius, but the others seem a bit boring unfortunately.

Yeah Charm School is premiering tonight, so I'll be tuning in. I Love Money has a reunion show on tonight too, but I'll have to pass on that in favor of The Amazing Race. At times I do have some taste LOL. I figure they will rerun the reunion show anyway. Oh and that douchebag is also back, the scary guy in the furry tophat and eyeliner that teaches losers how to be a stud. Top Barfly? no...Biggest Doucher? no... Oh yeah, The Pickup Artist LOL. Always forget the name of that show. I don't know if I'll watch that one or not, the first one was a mixture of offensive, creepy and pathetic.

I agree with the alliance stuff. Too many shows with alliances and it would be nice once in a while to see one where the winners of the competitions got the points, and the one who did the worst gets booted.

Oh, did you see that Chance and Real, the stupidnaires, have also landed themselves a show. I mean, man they are scraping the barrel now eh? That's down there with the That's Amore or whatever one with the Domenico guy from Tila Tequila LOL. I wonder what the decor-theme will be? Remember the Domenico guy got hanging sausages LOL?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-27-2008, 11:58 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah, bit late in replying, but I did indeed see that Chance and Real got their own show. Just the Flavor of Love/New York/Smartest Model house got turned into a ranchy thingy for it. Although I will admit this is the ugliest incarnation the house has seen yet. Enough with the stallions already, (I have always thought "Real" looked like a horse kinda).

Not sure how it ended as it didn't keep me interested long enough, lol.

I am (shamefully so) watching Pickup Artist 2 alot lately. This thing is wacky as hell, with the lingo. and all, but it is fun to watch. I see they added a token girl so they wouldn't appear sexist!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:36 AM   #6
Ladyzekke

I haven't watched much of that show either with Real and Chance. The few shows I did watch didn't keep my interest, it all seems just so stupid, I don't know why anyone would compete for those two idiots LOL.

I noticed ol' Tila Tequila has been outshined by some twins now. Boy is that commercial for the new show annoying with that guy yelling "Twins!" and they repeat it over and over. I guess they want to get people's attention.

I've been watching that ridiculous Pickup Artist too, mostly cause I'm not ready to go to bed yet and that's all there is on LOL. Mystery Meat looks as cadaverous as ever LOL.

Have you ever watched the Celebrity Rehab yet on VH1? This particular season is especially entertaining with Gary Busy AND Jeff Conaway. Train wreck city!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-30-2008, 12:36 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes actually I did catch it, about 3 episodes in. I have been meaning to catch up with it online - usually they have old episodes on the websites these days which is awesome. It does indeed seem like a bloody nuthouse. I saw the episode with Jeff and the other dude wanting to go home ("Okay Jeff, I need to talk to gary now - okay Jeff!") And then Amber was lying on the floor in the middle of the night for some reason. Train wrecks is right! That guy Jeff looks like the Green Goblin from Spiderman. Talk about letting yourself go.