Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: X-Box or PS2? Vote please...
Gotta be X-Box 31 64.58%
Gotta be PS2 17 35.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2003, 01:14 PM   #11
Stratos
Vampire

I'd go for PS2, as there are too many titles released on both XBox and PC at roughly the same time. Most games that are interresting enough to consider a Xbox buy already exists on PC or will in the near future. Games like Fable and Jade Empire are not reasons enough to buy a new console.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:08 PM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

Save your money stick to the PC.

Maybe get a huge moniter for your PC if you really want to treat yourself, but I fail to see why you want a console as well as a PC. The only reason I would buy the kids a playstation would be to give me more time on the computer [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-07-2003, 05:56 PM   #13
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Save your money stick to the PC.

Maybe get a huge moniter for your PC if you really want to treat yourself...
YEAH! I got Halo and Final Fantasy 11 for my PC, and when I looked at the PS2 and Xbox versions I was like "You've got to be kidding me, My Nvidia dual processors and overlocked graphics are way better than this!"

I chose to go with the Multiple-Monitor route, though, instead of just one big one.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:06 PM   #14
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

It should be a mathematical tie. It's Soul Calibur 2 PS2 vs Soul Calibur 2 on X-Box. X-Box wins that one. Then PlayStation2 would take the floor with Tekken 4. No, wait, X-Box has Tao Feng. If so, PS2 would definetly win with MGS: Snake Eater. Oh, sorry, I forgot that X-Box would get Splinter Cell 2 by then. But Burnout 2 would be a huge asset to PlayStation2, if it weren't for Project Gotham Racing. PS2 has Red Faction 2! But X-Box has Halo, and soon to come Halo 2.
Face it! X-Box is the muscle in this joint, PlayStation2 is just surfing on old fame. The only thing that brings PS2 back from the dead is DVD and EyeToy. BTW, EyeToy is hilariously fun!

[ 12-07-2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 12-07-2003, 06:15 PM   #15
Chewbacca
Zartan

X-Box

* Built-in hard drive- no need for memory cards

* Xbox has built-in online connectivity & X-box Live centralizes online play for a fee, no free online games

* Better 'realistic' Graphics

* Smaller, but still growing catalogue of games than PS2 with a few key console-exclusive titles most of which can be found for the PC as well, (Halo & KOTOR for example)

* $30 add-on to enable DVD capabilities

* HD TV & 5.1 sound capable

PS2

*Requires memory cards ($25 usd for one, one is all I have ever needed) and a hard drive add-on is scheduled for spring release(80 GB bundled with FFXI online for $100usd no price yet for HD standalone)

*Requires network adapter ($40usd) for online play but most online games are free

* While not the *best*, graphics engine is decent enough.

* Huge catalouge of games with alot of console-exclusive titles ( Final Fantasy series, Socom, Gran Turisimo for example)

* Can play DVDs out of the box, but an optional DVD remote is available for $15 usd

* IMHO the best and most comfortable controller, which lends to superior gameplay

*Biggest marketshare which lend to ongoing development with backwards compatibility virtually gauranteed for future consoles (PS3 rumored to be released 2005 or 2006.)

Can you tell I sell these things for a living?

oh yeah, my vote is PS2, It the system I chose to get first when faced with the decision. I will be getting a Gamecube ( MarioKart Double Dash!!!) next and I hope to have an X-Box as well by next summer.

[ 12-07-2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 12-07-2003, 06:24 PM   #16
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

My vote goes for the PS2 - it may be a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy but it does have a bigger selection of better games. What I mean is that the reason theres more games is because more people have PS2's. And why do more people have PS2's? Because there are more games... Its self fulfilling, but that doesn't make it any less relevant a reason.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 12-07-2003, 07:02 PM   #17
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I like the PS2 games better, especially the sports games. NBA Live 2003 is great, and I'm gonna get 2004 ASAP .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 12-07-2003, 09:00 PM   #18
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

I like them both equally!! X-box is coming out with some top-notch stuff, but PS2 has Square-Enix, with all their RPing glory. Bioware is prettymuch making exclusive titles for PC and X-box now. Sony has the gaming background while Microsoft has the Dough. It's a really tough choice, but the thing you have to ask yourself is what kind of games do I want to play?
Old 12-07-2003, 11:59 PM   #19
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would go for a PS2 it have tons of good games. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2003, 03:58 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gee, nobody likes the XBox, eh...