Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-01-2000, 10:11 PM   #1
Whiteboye

how the heck do you kill lavok? i got em on the ground at near death and ive dealt like 200 damage to him since then tried fire, acid, cold, magic etc but cant kill him, i cant see any switches to do anything? am i supposed to use a special item? any help appreciated

Regards Whiteboye

Old 11-03-2000, 07:00 AM   #2
IRAKZAI

I had the same problem, I even tried healing him and casting dire charm and I still had no luck and I have scoured the whole place looking for clues and have found nothing.

Old 11-03-2000, 04:57 PM   #3
winglesfiend

Who's lavok?The one in the sighteless eye quest?

Old 11-05-2000, 05:11 AM   #4
Arkenian

The quick answer to this question is that you're NOT supposed to kill Lavok. What should happen, is that when he gets near-death he should talk to you. I've heard of other people having this trouble however. My only suggestions are: 1.) Back off from him, stop attacking, then approach him again. 2.) Restore before killing him, and kill him again. don't overwhelm him too hard as he gets near the bottom.
I don't know if they'll work.

For the curious, Lavok is the mad mage who is at the center of the planar sphere.

My question is: Can you get into the sphere if you've killed Valgyar Corthala?

-Arkenian the Golden

Old 11-05-2000, 05:18 AM   #5
Armisael

Valygar's rotting corpse opens the sphere as well, conveniantly enough.