Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-16-2005, 06:24 PM   #11
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Since you know so much about Japan, why don't you become a Geisha ?
This is johnny's way of offering you the position of being his personal Geisha
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-16-2005, 06:33 PM   #12
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Draw cartoons/comics to be printed in English newspapers about Japanese politicians.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:24 PM   #13
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Uss, anata wa jodan desu ka

Anyway, go visit Japan first. Then live there for a week or a month and see whether you still wanna continue your ambition. It's just easy to imagine things if you haven't really experience the life in japan. ^0^
Old 01-16-2005, 08:44 PM   #14
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

And I forgot to say:

Yes, errr, let's all decide the rest of our lives after thinking about if "the whole day". Wow, a whole day to think about your whole life! You sure you're not pondering too much about this? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I can't tell you what to do, only you know what is good for you. The only thing we can help with is to tell you what we know of jobs we've done in case you wanna go down any path similar to any of us. If you really have no idea what to do, then decide based on opportunity. Go for opportunities that are short in length, then you can try many things out and decide after that.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-16-2005, 09:58 PM   #15
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Multilingual & like art/anime? Sounds like you could be an artist and interpreter/translator for movies/video games/computer games. Sounds like you're already considering political translator type positions also. How about drawing multilingual political cartoons?

Try to think of someone who does a job you think you'd like to have, and ask to interview them. Most people would be flattered, and they can probably offer practical advice for starting a career in their area.

Maybe you should look for student intern positions to get a little real-world experience in these jobs. That'll help make up your mind. Since interns usually get stuck with the grunt work anyway, you'd get a good idea of the bad side of a job...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:36 AM   #16
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
4) Drawing. The career of an artist seems to have little in relation with other careers but I often find myself drawing different things. It's a bit more complicated really - I've been reading different tutorials on drawing and have entered weird frenzies of drawing sketches that last for hours. This has been going on for a while now and I might be going serious with this. It seems like more of an alternative than anything else.

5) Japanese animations(Anime). I've watched tons and know some details about them. This is simply a boy's dream of writing his own screenplay and directing an anime.

Other languages I know: Estonian.
Other languages I will learn in the future: French or German, Russian.
You could do an anime movie about international espionage. This is a serious suggestion. Even if the idea of a movie is kinda, well; a HUGE project; if you have the right computer programs you can do the work that Disney studios and other big name companies do.

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Could anyone perhaps tell me what ambassadors do exactly?
[/QB]
They sugar-coat/overtly lie about agressive military moves by thier own government and do thier best to get the other ambassidors to spill the beans about agressive military moves by the others countries. Oh, yeah; They also drink and play poker...

SilentThief
Old 01-17-2005, 07:50 AM   #17
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Man, don't give it a second thought! Become a meteorologist! It's the only job with excellent pay and nobody cares if you're wrong all the time! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2005, 09:03 AM   #18
uss
20th Level Warrior

Thanks for all the advice, people. You've given me some more things to ponder about(Hmm, what's my first step for becoming Johnny's geisha? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Today I'm back to being a bit more normal but any insight is still appreciated.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Uss, anata wa jodan desu ka

Anyway, go visit Japan first. Then live there for a week or a month and see whether you still wanna continue your ambition. It's just easy to imagine things if you haven't really experience the life in japan. ^0^
Gomen demo jodan ja nai.

That would be a great idea if Japan weren't on the other side of the earth. But as it stands now, that would be too costly. Regardless, studying Japanese would help me in quite a few jobs, Japan being one of the world's most powerful countries, so I think I'll stick with that.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:04 AM   #19
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Be a juggler. They live a simple life and give valuable life-lessons to other people.

Oh, wait...this is serious. Well, in that case, be a physicist. Physics needs people who can draw, speak Estonian and English and Japanese, and understand the politic climate of any given region. Plus there's a major shortage.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 01-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #20
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

You could do art that interprets language. There are so many different languages out there bringing words and pictures together that help people learn or interpret meaning could be rewarding.

Don't look at it as being depressed because you can't figure it out, look at it more as divine discontent. There is a positive energy working through you to bring you to your true passion, it stirs these feelings and moves you to take action. It's a very good thing to feel it so early.