Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-16-2005, 10:46 AM   #11
Sythe
Ra

Darn you Mack [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I googled Charlie Horse and I found some info. http://www.macrocap.com/Leg-Cramps-Muscle-Cramps/

I always do intensive work and go without water. Soda was always a subsitute. I also found somewhere else that a good supply of potassium will help. Now I need a Oasis, a banana tree and maybe a cow would help. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] But I am slightly skeptical when it says its the muscles. When I do have a charlie horse it feels like something is torn out of my leg and when its done goes back to where it was. And it didn't really have a burning feeling. Or maybe I have arthritis like Gangrell said, though this probelm didn't start to happen until my late preteen years.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:23 PM   #12
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I sit cross-legged all the time. Including now. The most comfortable way for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2005, 04:20 PM   #13
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Men aren't supposed to sit cross-legged! It's dangerous!

Sythe, you always had breakfast for cereal? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 01-16-2005, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I sit crossleg sometimes but my feet will go numb if sit like that for too long.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:36 PM   #15
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... something like that is worth mentioning to your doctor. If you can duplicate it at his or her office, they might also be able to narrow it down fairly quickly for you. It could be a cramp, a dislocation, a muscle popping, or something else... without actually seeing it, it's hard to guess from your descriptions.

I have had times where my leg muscles would cramp up quickly if I let my them relax (like when lying down). Usually it went away after a while; I've heard that increasing your potassium intake can help with cramping and things like that.

Check with your doc. Good luck.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:01 AM   #16
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Wait, are we talking about "Indian-style" cross-legged? Or that lady-cross-legged? I've been thinking of it as the Indian-style... (BTW, that's what I've heard it referred to as, so dont think I'm saying some kind of racist thing. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 01-17-2005, 12:27 AM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I sit cross legged all the time too. And when I mean cross legged, I mean you sit with your legs folded in I guess a pretzel type position. I can even do the yoga position wherein you have both of your feet sitting on your knees (is kinda hard to explain LOL).

I have always sat this way ever since I was a kid, and I find it the most comfortable for my back. If I am sitting in a chair with my legs just straight out in front of me, I eventually get uncomfortable and want to cross my legs, or take one leg and fold it underneath me (can't really do the entire cross legged thing in say, like, a restaurant, or if wearing a dress LOL). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Of course for me sitting that way is the most comfortable for me, does not cause me any pain. Sythe, just don't sit that way LOL, it's not a sitting position for everyone, it depends I think mostly how you are built. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-17-2005, 07:01 AM   #18
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
well, here's my two cents. You said it happens most when you excercise when you haven't in a while? Well, that to me is similar to me when if I'm working and being on my feet for like, say; twice the amount of "normal" time; then sometimes I get a horrible cramp in my calf-muscles that is painful enuff to wake me up out of bed. That is a muscle cramp that developes from too much work on a tired muscle and not enuff changing of position. However, I think it could be something you should mention to a Dr. you'll wanna have some answers to the questions of stuff like: how often; what kind of excercise; which leg (and if it does to the other if you cross yer legs the other way); and such. There's also the possibility that you need a chiropractor. Now there's a truck-load of opinion over whether a chiropractor actually does anything for ppl, as in whether the "adjustments" to your back/spine are in any way beneficial. I believe that it IS necessary to pop joints into place because in our life (work/school/sitting on couch/fill in blank), activities put our body into positions that are strenuous to our joints. I don't believe that you need go 3 times a week for the rest of your life like some want (they DO have bills to pay, after all...)

best advice in general: talk to Dr.
best advice concerning chiropractors: ask friends & relatives opinions and be a little selective (don't let just ANYONE "adjust" your spine)

theres my $3 and two cents on the subject
SilentThief