Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-10-2004, 12:06 PM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
LOL, knew you were going to deny it either way. Who was saying anything about the most used product? How about the least popular browser? As you have to admit that people are obviously prejudiced against IE because of its inevitable Microsoft association... IE could still be the best browser out there, and people would still go with alternatives instead. It's only human nature.
Either way, I couldn't care less about going into a debate with someone who obviously spends at least 50 times more time worrying about these things than I do; so I'll just leave this thread for what it is.
Stop being rude, please.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-10-2004, 12:10 PM   #12
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
LOL, knew you were going to deny it either way. Who was saying anything about the most used product? How about the least popular browser? As you have to admit that people are obviously prejudiced against IE because of its inevitable Microsoft association... IE could still be the best browser out there, and people would still go with alternatives instead. It's only human nature.
Either way, I couldn't care less about going into a debate with someone who obviously spends at least 50 times more time worrying about these things than I do; so I'll just leave this thread for what it is.
Stop being rude, please. [/QUOTE]I didnt think that was rude at all Ziroc. I think it was a much better way to deal with things rather than going off on one. He's (apparently) left before he started to be rude.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:42 PM   #13
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I installed 5 minutes ago, been waiting for this day to arrive for the past few months, and it's been worth the wait. So far all I see of Firefox is a stabile little workhorse who's abilities I've only started to unveil. I did a few scans for information gathering, spam and the like, and Firefox rules there plain and simple. Get back to you after I've had more fun with this gizmo, c ya!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #14
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I've installed it, and for me its being pretty slow loading pages and images.

Have you guys found any new themes compatible with 1.0?
I'm using Firefox Modern atm
Old 11-10-2004, 02:59 PM   #15
Spirits forever

i've been using it for the..hmm past month i think XD

yea ver 1.0 funny ain't it, well i might need to update from the alpha or was it beta version XD

Old 11-10-2004, 03:10 PM   #16
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

well, I just downloaded the released version, got rid of 1.0PR and have not had any trouble with it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2004, 03:24 PM   #17
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
I didnt think that was rude at all Ziroc. I think it was a much better way to deal with things rather than going off on one. He's (apparently) left before he started to be rude.
You see what has become of us? Everything is so nice and cheery around IW, people are snapping at each other over a browser [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I installed Firefox the other day, and it really is a lot better vs. Internet Explorer. The number of pop ups is cut down to nothing, plus everything is a lot more organized than it was. Good stuff [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2004, 03:28 PM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Stop being rude, please. [/QUOTE]I didnt think that was rude at all Ziroc. I think it was a much better way to deal with things rather than going off on one. He's (apparently) left before he started to be rude. [/QUOTE]That is YOUR opinion.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:33 PM   #19
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
quote:
I didnt think that was rude at all Ziroc. I think it was a much better way to deal with things rather than going off on one. He's (apparently) left before he started to be rude.
You see what has become of us? Everything is so nice and cheery around IW, people are snapping at each other over a browser [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I installed Firefox the other day, and it really is a lot better vs. Internet Explorer. The number of pop ups is cut down to nothing, plus everything is a lot more organized than it was. Good stuff [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE] That is why I posted. Sometimes people need to be reminded to be polite.
Beaumanoir did not get it. Next time Beaumanoir, PM me. Lets not derail the thread.

--

I've downloaded it and will install it tonight! BTW, is the email program as good? I HATE outlook, and Eudora is too buggy for my huge email boxes (13000+) crashes it and corrupts the header file.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:56 PM   #20
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
quote:

[/QUOTE]see? I told you so [img]tongue.gif[/img]