Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Which is better? Free sex for life or a commited relationship with a nice woman?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

A relationship with a woman. That's what I'm waiting for. It'd be nice knowing that the person actually cared about then just some sort of one night stand. I dunno if this topic will last long... just depends on where it goes I suppose. *shrug*
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I would hope that most people would say the second one, and I also hope that people take this seriously.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:43 PM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

im in the 2nd at the moment. so im happy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:44 PM   #5
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Serial monogamy seems to be the way of things ATM.
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:45 PM   #6
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

hmmm...i'm quite happy with my husband, but a long term relationship with a woman doesn't sound like a bad idea!

lol, on the srious note-

long term relationships are ALWAYS better, IMHO.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
Violet
Manshoon

Steve and I have been "boyfriend/girlfriend" since we were 11 years old.

We'll be married 25 years this June.

I can't give you his point of view (unless I go ask him and then come back to type it, which is just too much trouble right now and "of course" his answer would be a commited relationship lol) but as for myself, nothing has been more worthwhile to me than having a lasting relationship with somone I can truly call me friend. He can tell me I "look fat in that" and I know he's being honest.

I've seen childhood friends go through divorce and custody battles - drug and alcohol abuse in order to deal - failed relationship after failed relationship. Some seem to be so far beyond being frustrated and lonely that they are ready to be left alone for the rest of their lives. Others seem to be content with having an occasional partner for sex that knows where the door is and when to leave.

Just ask yourself what you want to look back on when you are eighty. It should make the decision pretty easy, either way.
Unfortunately, finding someone you can tolerate that long is another story!
(I know, they have to be able to tolerate you too, I was j/k).
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #8
spydar

currently am in the 2nd one, and my boyfriend and I are retardedly happy. we're one of those cutesy couples that people must just wanna hit upside the head, I know that about a year ago I definitely woulda smacked us. but I would hope there aren't too many people who would choose the 1st one.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Monogamy is fine and all, but not for me. Life is fairly short, and there's so many islands to explore. Can't stick around on one and the same island for too long.

[ 02-07-2005, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 02-07-2005, 10:32 PM   #10
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I'm looking forward to a relationship. So far, no dice. Anyways, if you guys haven't figured it out, yet, I'm a Catholic, so monogamy is the only thing I'm even considering.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote