Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2004, 01:03 PM   #1
Son of Osiris

Here's the first installment of a new series by the Whackmiester. It's called "Shieldguy" (I would have called it "Sheildmaiden" but that would emply that I'm a woman.) This is where I try to blow your fears in today's current events away with my wisdom or maybe a few quotes from the good book.

But enough! Johnny, hand me my shotgun. I'm gonna blow fear's head off!

There's only one issue that scares people world wide: The Hostage Crisis in Iraq. Friends and relatives of these hostages shouldn't be afraid: Those that pick on the little guy get a good swift kick in the groin! Here are some examples:
[img]graemlins/spinstar.gif[/img] The Taliban took an innocent reporter hostage. Remember that? Well, look at the Taliban now! They've got Canada and America on their asses! We're chasing them all around the country.
[img]graemlins/spinstar.gif[/img] The Nazis were known for torturing innocent Jewish people, homosexuals, and other little people. Now look at them!
[img]graemlins/spinstar.gif[/img] Saddam's Regime tortured people of all races, ages, etc. Now, quite a few of them are either in prison cells or coffins! Saddam sits in a prison cell with a lawyer that can defend an innocent man all the way to death row!

If that wasn't comforting, I've got a snip from the good book. (if you're not christian, it might not be comforting. Sorry.)

Psalm 12:5
"Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise," says the LORD . "I will protect them from those who malign them."

In plain English, God is saying "If you hurt the little guy, I will hurt you back. How's that sound?"

If this didn't help, I'm sorry. But just know this: Acts of terror do not go unpunished! Think about that.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:49 PM   #2
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

What about the Irish revolution? Terrorists went unpunished then...
Old 04-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Hmm, hmm... Way to avoid religious discussion, hm?

How about we just agree that negative actions bring about a negative response? Karma. Physics. And leave it at that, maybe.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, I feel better already. Thanks, Whackmeister, now I won't have to watch the news or worry about the world anymore! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2004, 07:29 PM   #5
Son of Osiris

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Well, I feel better already. Thanks, Whackmeister, now I won't have to watch the news or worry about the world anymore! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Do I smell Sarcasm?
Old 04-13-2004, 03:25 AM   #6
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Whackmiester:
If this didn't help, I'm sorry. But just know this: Acts of terror do not go unpunished! Think about that.
Yah... not only has that put an end to terrorism, but also brought all victims of it back to life.

[ 04-13-2004, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Gnarf ]
Old 04-13-2004, 03:42 AM   #7
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Josef Stalin ordered the executions of millions of 'innocent' (man, I hate that term) people over a reign that spanned decades. He died an old, wealthy, (almost completely insane) and totally unpunished man.

Violence is not necessarily always punished, not if you do it right.

[ 04-13-2004, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 04-13-2004, 04:00 AM   #8
Skunk
Banned User

And Colonel Gadaffi has just finished sipping tea with the Prime Minister of Britain, despite murdering hundreds of British and American Citizens.

General Pinochet went on to retire in luxury - even getting invited to tea by Margaret Thatcher.

Idi Amin died in luxury in Saudia Arabia

Charles Taylor looks like he will remain in luxurious circumstances courtesy of Nigerian hospitality.

The list of those who escape justice is longer than those who don't
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:22 AM   #9
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Heh heh. But don't let any of this get you down Whackmiester. Please, continue the tirade
Old 04-13-2004, 09:45 AM   #10
Son of Osiris

Aye, they may have not been punished in life, but I'll bet Stalin and all those other scum-buckets are getting red-hot pitchforks up the wazoo!