Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2002, 06:09 PM   #1
Ghustaff Elquaar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a fair amount of magic items still to identified... I have one mage with identify spell memorised and one identify scroll...

The problem is when i right click on one of the magic items it only offers the spell to identify and not the scroll. is there something I am doing wrong??.. The scroll wont go into the quick use items slot either (it keeps saying wrong item type).

i am at the Walkeens Promenade and have not moved on to the slums just yet, I wanted to identify all magic items and eqip my party correctly before moving on to the next stage.

An help would be appreciated.
Ghustaff Elquaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 06:15 PM   #2
lroyo

As long as the person who holds the magical item can use magic, and holds the scroll, you should be able to do it.

Otherwise, the store owner will identify it for you.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:18 PM   #3
Ghustaff Elquaar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah.. Excellent i will give it another try tonight..
Ghustaff Elquaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:18 AM   #4
Nicodemus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Also, there are Glasses of Identification for sale (or grift if you're sly enough) from the guy upstairs from Gaylen Bayle in the Slums. And you don't have to be a mage to use them.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:26 AM   #5
fable
Quintesson

I'd suggest getting the glasses. Two of the best mage spells available throughout the game are level 1: Magic Missile, and Chromatic Orb. I wouldn't waste a spell slot on Identify. You never know when you're going to need another MM.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 12:28 PM   #6
Helspanth
Quintesson

Also when your wizard reaches higher levels you will have a fair chance to identify the items with your lore value.Bards also identify items easily