Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 12:47 PM   #11
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
As well as when we can agree to disagree!

DragonMage,
Dio stated my sentiment for you to a T "I have liked you from the first time I saw your posts. You are an assett to the forum.
It is great to have you here.

Peace, Love & Hugs Everyone

Thanks to you, too, Moni. It's hard for a newcomer to know if his or her input is appreciated or just "getting in the way".

I appreciate that everyone I've interacted with - agreeing or disagreeing - have seemed accepting of my presence.

You ALL do a great job. You're ALL wonderful!

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 12:48 PM   #12
Visceris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I couldn't agree with you more Mennoch! I have always had that view and thanks for putting it into words.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:52 PM   #13
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Heheheheh now I finally can get back at King Biscuit and his secret supporter Moni

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 09-13-2001, 12:57 PM   #14
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Heheheheh now I finally can get back at King Biscuit and his secret supporter Moni

Bow To The Biscuit King And His Throne Of Scone!

You knew that was coming didn't you?!

DragonMage,
You are very welcome!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-13-2001).]

Old 09-13-2001, 01:53 PM   #15
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Yes! Ironworks is the greastest place on the net! So many great people here. I love this place!

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon
Old 09-13-2001, 02:03 PM   #16
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Very good points and well made Memnoch!

Now if we all just agree to disagree

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-13-2001, 02:06 PM   #17
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Very well said Memnoch i totally agree.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-13-2001, 02:15 PM   #18
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Excellent thread. I love the quote from Voltaire.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-13-2001, 02:16 PM   #19
Absynthe

Great post, Memnoch! In addition I'd like to add that your presence here, along with Sazerac, Ertai, and Ziroc help make IW what it is.
Considering the events of the last few days, it's surprising to me the amount of tolerance and consideration that's been shown. There's been more than one occasion when I would have LOVED to jump in and flame the hell out of someone, but I honestly kept thinking about what you posted concerning being in a pub with everyone. I left the table a few times... but never spilled my beer.
And another thing... we have picked up some fantastic new members lately, and I for one am very happy to see people come on who fit so well with the IW community.

[This message has been edited by Absynthe (edited 09-13-2001).]

Old 09-13-2001, 02:18 PM   #20
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Thank you for that. You are one of the ones I've "butted heads" with.

Don't misunderstand. She didn't make me angry - I was hurt. That's a new one for me. I think it's the fact that I (like everyone else) haven't hardly slept in days (and I haven't had any dreams either). It's starting to wear me down. I started to feel persecuted and, since I know that's not how she meant it, I backed off. Better to be safe than sorry. I'm still posting - just not there - not now.

Thanks for the support, though. I DO love a good fight (when I'm up to it). I'll give you MUCH more enlightening controversy once I get some good sleep.

DragonMage, here's hoping some sweet sweet dreams come your way ... I am so sorry for your pain. (Just because I comment on cause and effect, that doesn't mean I don't empathise with what you and your people are going through. I do.).

Please accept a big hug from Silver Cheetah!

------------------