Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #261
dplax
Jack Burton

Plaxica 85/85

It was dawn when Plaxica spotted the Tavern of the One-Eyed Wolf, and he immediately realised how the spirit had tricked him. The spirit of course realised that Plaxica had realised.

It was necessary. You would have braved dangers, where the risks were too high.

Stop interfering with the way I live my life!

Plaxica could not help anger build inside of him. But his anger was useless. He could not harm the spirit with anger. It was with his willpower that he had to master it. Anger only helped the spirit itself.

Don't you see that all I have done so far, had been in order to preserve your pitiful existence? Don't you realise that without me you would have already died in the Snowdale's castle? Don't you have any gratitude?

That stopped Plaxica. The spirit did have a point. Had it not helped him in the castle by moving him away after Andrion's spell, he would have most certainly been killed by the evil mage.

It is true that without you I would not be alive anymore, but I think keeping me alive was only a secondary objective for yourself, since in order for you to stay alive you had to keep me alive.

The spirit literally laughed inside of Plaxica's brain.

Oh, but naturally. Don't you see that our fates are as interweaved as those of siamese twins? We can't move without each other! You'll just have to accept it!

Plaxica barely had the time to whisper a mental "no", when what he spotted shocked both him, and the spirit profoundly.

Plaxica landed next to the ruins of the tavern. He recognized the same patterns as the ones he had seen where Arcades had been killed. This was the work of the banewolves...

But what was Ramella doing here?
Old 09-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #262
dplax
Jack Burton

Plaxica and Ramella

"Plaxica?" - Ramella said incredulously, whirling around. She was as surprised as Plaxica had been when he had spotted her. Before she knew what happened, Plaxica scooped her up in his arms, and hugged her.

"What are you doing here?"

He did not notice Daniel, who was standing next to Jonas and Julia, or if he noticed he thought that he was Jonas's son.

"You left, and for long months did not come back. It was hard to get news of you and when I did, I set out to find you. I missed you so much, Plaxica."

There were tears in her eyes, tears of joy. Slowly, tears came from Plaxica's eyes also. However these weren't tears of joy.

"Ramella, I still love you, but many things have changed. I am not sure that you would still want to be with me, if you know what has happened to me."

"I know what has happened." - she said gravely. "And I still love you. If you so will it, I shall help you find a cure for your ailment."

If he could be even more surprised than before, then Plaxica was. But he did not show his surprise, instead he hugged Ramella tight, and they kissed.

"How did you know?" - Plaxica asked, once the kiss was finished.

"I had to follow your trail for several months, and the mercenary captain told me."

How romantic... - the spirit interrupted sarcastically.

Oh, just shut up!

Just then Plaxica noticed, Jonas with the two children. Seeing Plaxica's gaze, Jonas introduced himself.

"My name is Jonas. I gave shelter to Ramella during the night, while the tavern was attacked."

"I am grateful, Jonas. And these must be your children?"

"Julia is my daughter yes, but Daniel isn't."

Just then Daniel went to his mother.

"Mummy? Is this him?"

"Yes, Daniel. This is your father."

Now this is definately a day full of surprises...
Old 09-25-2005, 12:34 PM   #263
dplax
Jack Burton

Plaxica and Ramella

"You mean that this is my son?"

Ramella nodded. Plaxica motioned for Daniel to come closer. Cautiously at first, then slightly braver when his mother told him it was safe, Daniel went to meet his father for the first time.

"He has your eyes..."

"...and the same hair and nose as you."

Plaxica looked lovingly at Ramella, and then his son. He once again had something to live for, if only he could get rid of this curse, which had befallen him.

Not so fast!...

"I was just inviting Ramella, and little Daniel to breakfast. If you want you can come with us." - Jonas said.

During the breakfast and after it, while Daniel played with Julia, Ramella and Plaxica told each other of what had happened to them in the last more than four years.

"Would you mind, Jonas, if we left Danny here, while we go for a walk?" In reality he and Ramella just wanted to have a few moments in private.

"I can do that."

They went to walk in the woods on the far side of the town, away from the tavern. Here, where no one could hear them, they could at last tell each other what they couldn't while the children and Jonas were there.

About two hours later as they lay in the grass of a clearing, with the sun shining down on them through the trees nearby, Ramella asked Plaxica the question, which had been preoccupying him also.

"Do you have any idea how to get rid of it?"

Immediately the spirit started shouting and cursing in Plaxica's mind, unfocusing him. Plaxica grabbed his head with both hands, and tried silencing the spirit. It was Ramella's comforting hand on his shoulder, which helped him win the battle.

"I guess he doesn't like it, when I talk about this subject. I had two ideas of how to get rid of it. One of them is a druid named Kaylisa, but I am not even sure whether she is still alive. I saw her less than a day ago, and she was expecting banewolves to attack her. The other is a being called the Windbringer. I don't know much about him, but if he doesn't know how t help, I'm sure that he shall know who can."

They agreed that seeking out Kaylisa would be much too dangerous with the banewolves not far away.

"I could try and seek her alone, but I am not sure that I can contain it. It stopped me seeing her the last time I tried."

Do you really think that if you get rid of me, I shall allow you to continue to live? - the spirit suddenly asked, shocking Plaxica into silence.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:59 AM   #264
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Yevaud 42/45

As he finished taking down the construct before him he witnessed Silt wither away into a mummified shrivelled shell. Yevaud had heard of vile spells that could do such things, and even worse, spellcasters who caused such effects as a side efect of unleashing their magic. The wood elf, Silt had been noble, silent and brooding as his people tended to be, but with a deep love of the natural world. Silt had had a vibrant spirit that was stifled by buildings of wood and stone, and because of the human he was now gone, in a manner that horrified Yevaud down to his toes.

"Sir Manessah, having now witnessed the current might of this corrupted gem, what have you to tell us of that which lies beyond the fallen horrors?"

Yevaud glared at the knight, "You didn't believe that an evil artifact held dangerous power?" he practically screamed, after staying silent the sudden outburst was even more shocking, seeing the usually composed and orderly elf's outburst. "How many more of us are you willing to sacrifice like large nosed henchmen, believe it or not we have lives, goals and personal histories
that extend farther than your grandfather's grandfather, such a reaction is an insult to Silt and to the spirit of trust with which he joined you, you're response is "oops, I guess it is dangerous" I spit upon your foolishness and that of your fathers that brought about this curse, may it rest upon your soul for eternity, human.
"
Old 10-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #265
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Kynnen:

The tentacle that had paralyzed Kynnen with its stingers wrapped around his legs and held on tightly as it began to drag him backwards on the ground toward the murky lake.

The skeleton that was Kivmor Snowdale called out to the doomed drow.

"Dark-skinned one! I might help you if you will return the service! What say you, doomed one?"

[ 10-02-2005, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 10-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #266
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

* Kaylissa, or TaoWolf suffers alone and unaided by anyone save her own pack of wolves. Her shadow is under control by the Mage and now directs the banewolves' actions.
ooc: This is an aspect of KayLisa Greywolf we’re talking about so let me address this right away ……. Proceeding as Larry and I had previously discussed.

Lady Sombra

The number is complete. She remains herself unmarked, but she is not untouched by what has transpired with the Other. The final rune has appeared but the fullness of what has happened is lost to the Other. She smiles. Poor and afflicted champion of what is good! It is to laugh – that for which she has waited so long and through so much pain has finally arrived and she is not complete. She tosses her head and a braid of long hair, dim and yet faintly yellow under the light of the waning moon, dances merrily as she laughs.

No mere shadow is she. For her will is her own – as it has always been. She has the Other to thank for this. Proud and sure of herself, as she must be for the Other has always been that. And angry. Rage seethes within her, rage at the curse that was so unjustly imposed upon her. Rage at the losses she has endured these generations of wandering beneath the yoke of that oppressive bond upon her will.

She grows still.

“And you, my Other,” she says quietly after several long moments have passed, “what can you hope to do without that anger which would stir you to claim your freedom?” Again she grows still, dusky silver burning in her eyes. “Yes,” she smiles, “perhaps I shall claim that freedom. Grow weak, my sister. The simple passing of time is all that is required.”

She turns a maternal smile toward the banewolves. “Come to me, my pack.”

They gather around her, these blasphemous parodies of the living. “Good,” she smiles. As she does so a pale blue light washes over them. “Be free, my little ones, for no voice binds you now save my own.” No mere shadow is she. Nor shall she answer to any rule save her own…….

ooc: After all, she may be evil but she ain’t nobody’s flunky [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #267
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Morguerat

Morguerat nodded to Joseph and stepped into the darkness following Larry’s voice. He had no idea what would await and thought it possible that his own fears would damn him, creating apparitions to torment him, and drag him down with foes he could neither see nor fight. The warrior cleared his mind of everything but finding Larry and continued through the darkness to the interior of the wall. The grip on the staff was the only thing to betray the tension that he felt.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:29 AM   #268
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry Silverfall 23/23

He had believed himself under attack by some telepathic force, but no sooner had he screamed and called forth Morgie...the vision dissapated around him. He was not standing in an elven town North-west of here, and Deiter Leafblade was not talking about what he and Chani had seen with the strange fainting of Mistral while he had been away for mere minutes. Those minutes had changed everything. Nothing was the same after that.

No, he was not under attack, and he was not anywhere other than within the Tower of Shadow. This dreaded home he'd built but that the Other one had restored.

Then Morgie had come.

"Hey...I...I don't know what happened to me, but for a moment, I was somewhere else...in a memory from long ago. I had nearly forgotten it. But I'm fine now. Where's the others?"
Old 10-05-2005, 11:59 AM   #269
Legolas
Jack Burton

Inquisitor Marcos of Snowdale - 98/98

The inquisitor's cold eyes narrowed as he heard the venomous words. It seemed elven culture and upbringing left a lot to be desired, or it was but that this one before him carried within a rot uncharacteristic of their kind. If such a taint featured also in his magics he deserved no cleaner a kill than the last they witnessed.

"You forget yourself sir," he told Yevaud.
"There is no blood on my hands in this matter. There shall be a time for your laments before long. In the mean I intend to press onward, and the loan of your sword-arm will be well appreciated provided you keep your tongue in check.
Yet as you came here by nothing beyond your own choosing, so you are free to depart. If you choose as such then carry the remains with you. When your charge is recovered ask her what she may do for the fallen.
"

[ 10-05-2005, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #270
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Liam and Anarrima: Location, castle Lesismoore, above-ground.

Liam had come to Castle Lesismoore, searching for clues pertaining to the destruction of his home and friends, but he also had been part of a group that sought answers of a different sort, and the irony of how he ended up at Castle Lesismoore would have been funny, except that this was not a day for laughter...but for horror.

Anarrima was sitting on the stone step of the castle, just idly staring at the swamp that surrounded the place. She constantly looked over to the hole where the workers had dug down until they had found a window, and gained entrance to a secret underground castle that was immediately under this very one that she sat at now. She waited for her friends to come back from their exploration, worrying that she had seen the last of them. But her worries were about to change to something alot closer at-hand.

She heard a splash as something moved about in the swamp. She looked up, thinking that maybe some of the workers had come back. What she saw was a tall man who seemed very distressed about something in the murk at his heels. Suddenly she saw what was giving him the trouble. There were small black specs appearing all over his body, and the more he thrashed about, the more he seemed to splash more onto his skin. It was a swarm of leeches! Anarrima jumped up and made sure that she was not touching the water anywhere, terrified by the gruesome scene before her. She had to help. A spell of area affect would probably be the best, and not worry about the minimal harm it might do to the poor man, since she thought it the worst thing imaginable to be eaten alive by a swarm of anything, such as leeches. There was really no other way to make them get off of him. She prepared her prayer, closing her eyes, and supplicated her goddess for the help she wanted to render to the poor man.

Anarrima casts: *~~^/#!...spell was lost

She had lost concentration when a new terror arose from the slime at the feet of the man. A number of giant leeches, about 3-5 feet in length each, suddenly began latching onto the man, making him fall into the water...and then he was gone. Nothing could be seen except the thrashings of the blood-thirsty creatures who were engorging themselves on the doomed man. Anarrima was horrified. She had been helpless to do anything and the attack came so quickly. She did not want to sit there another minute and so jumped up and ran towards the window and leaped into the opening as fast as she could. She needed to find Yevaud and the others. She could not be alone any longer.

She ran through the hallway until she came to the dining hall where sat at meat 60 skeletons.

She of course screamed.

OOC>>>The party of three are close enough to hear Ana scream and can guess at the location of that scream, but maybe not who it belongs to.