Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2001, 04:48 PM   #1
Kaleban
Manshoon

I recently have been soloing an Elven Fighter/Mage (my Bladesinger) through the game, just about to head to Brynnlaw. I picked up Viconia as I haven't romanced her before, and figured she'd be a good match for my Chaotic Neutralness.

Anyways, since I recently installed ToB, my EFM gets his high level abilities at a point he really shouldn't. It does make the game somewhat easier, such as Greater Whirlwinding the Shadow Dragon to death after Breaching him.

Is this cheating? Or should I feel okay in the knowledge that solo is more difficult and the abilities are there as compensation?
Old 12-09-2001, 05:00 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Well, I dont think it is cheating. After all, the game is built that way.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 05:23 PM   #3
Worm
The Magister

Why should you feel guilty? From a gaming stand-point it is fair you are not opperating out of the contsrates of the game. From a logical and scientific stand point well let us ask spock for that.

*Spock enters and begins talking* "Firstly the game dictates that you are a child of a god which is a powerful entity not to mention mutliple strikes with a blade--as described in the whirlwind attack--to any large reptiles abdomin would kill it easily.

Thank you spock.

I know I spelled alot of stuff wrong ... I just couldn't find a spell checker.
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 05:42 PM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:
I recently have been soloing an Elven Fighter/Mage (my Bladesinger) through the game, just about to head to Brynnlaw. I picked up Viconia as I haven't romanced her before, and figured she'd be a good match for my Chaotic Neutralness.

Anyways, since I recently installed ToB, my EFM gets his high level abilities at a point he really shouldn't. It does make the game somewhat easier, such as Greater Whirlwinding the Shadow Dragon to death after Breaching him.

Is this cheating? Or should I feel okay in the knowledge that solo is more difficult and the abilities are there as compensation?

It's definitely not cheating, in my opinion. It's using what the game gives you. Remember the first levels when it seemed like you're part of a Monty Python film..."Run away, brave Sir Robin".

I think of it as the game trying to repay you for your previous hassles.

Besides, what respectable child of a god doesn't have awesome abilities?
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 02:09 AM   #5
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

I am gonna have rename my solo assassin Sir Robin

chuckle, good ol' Monty Python
Old 12-10-2001, 12:23 PM   #6
Nith
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:
I picked up Viconia as I haven't romanced her before, and figured she'd be a good match for my Chaotic Neutralness.

YOu can't get a romance with Viconia if your an elf.