Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #1
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

A few weeks a go while running around in the dungeon, the question was posed about new weapons that could be added. I have not forgot about ( really busy at work) and seeing that Mozenwrathe has replied that he is making different weapons ( holy avenger scythe etc) for approval by Ziroc, I was wondering if it would be O.K to start a post for ideas of weapons to be created. The only conditions that I have is they be reasonable ( I.E. no +26 keen quick strike daggers that x times a day allow a 10 turn time stop) and you give a little history ( was created in dire time, to do etc.). If I'm off base with this request then flame on, but I thought it might be fun for the old creative juices to help enhance the fun of running around in under mountain.
So to start -
Whip of elemental anguish
This item were created from the tormented souls of greater elementals. There essence was bound to each head to increase the suffering of the unworthy and help in their cleansing of their soul.
A four headed whip that on a hit each head in addition to the base damage will do +2D6 of elemental damage of fire, cold, electrical, and bludgeon on each hit. It also confirms a 10% immunity to each of the above listed elements. 3X a day it allows the user to cast divine might at the same level as the wielder.
Dwarven war axe of Fury
This was forged by Brat Gravletoes. He was known for his ability to consume huge amount of ale at his forge but also even more for his prodigious hangovers. He finally found a way through forging this axe to transfer his pain to the axe he painfully hammering on after a long night of pin the dagger on the goblin. Now if he could just figure out how he got that tattoo and who in the world is Alivintata is...
Dwarven war base stats - +5 enchantment to hit and damage. Gives wielder greater smite, +2 to Constitution and immunity to poison and confusion. On any hit it has a 20% chance of doing the following affects - feeble mind, poison ( moderate), and confusion (all the remains from his famous hangovers).
Old 11-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I expect Z knows my obsessions with gloves and maces by now and I'm a bit reluctant to start asking (yet again) for anything specific until the new hak is ready and the dust has settled.

Something that may be useful if and when time permits is another chest or two in the upper levels offering random items. There used to be one in the secret passage from Durnan's but I haven't checked it out for a while.

The chest was well defended but just the chance of once in a while finding a high value weapon or armour in there made the trip worthwhile.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I think that there should be some special goodies in chests with DC100+.

In fact, I am confident that I could open one with DC110+.

Z, put something excellent in a DC110 chest and give me a clue as to where it is please [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2006, 09:07 AM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

kinda useless when we can cast knock [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Have you ever tried knock on a chest with a high DC? I've not had it be very effective on chests with low DC's.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Gloves have been submitted, Greything, as have maces. (Mace, Mace*2, and Heavy Mace) I made different maces using what was available, and if any of them are selected I believe you will enjoy them. I do forget if I finally made that "Stone Cold Stunner" mace concept of mine. More than likely I did, but it still has to make it past Ziroc's heavy censure. After all, everything has to have a positive place inside of the module. With the sheer volume of items I created, I am actually hoping for around one in twenty to make it through. (Please note, that would mean around twenty items would actually be made available by my design.)

Scythes have long ago been submitted, Dace, and quite a few of the items I created would be suitable for a DC100 chest. Not just scythes, but a few new kukri and at least one quarterstaff you'd approve of. I still need to reconstruct the "Iron Pole Of The Focused Champion" quarterstaff though, along with the "Plain Fighting Pole Of Defense." I figure if there will be items and such selected for thieves, Ziroc will be thinking of you and your insane characters when he places them around the Undermountain. Meaning, of course, nobody else will be able to get to them for weeks until we find ways past the "Ungodly Traps Of Instantaneous Demise." (You know, a few levels past epic damage.)

toot033, I'll try to put your items in the next batch I wire off to Ziroc. It shouldn't be that hard to construct them using the toolset, to be honest with you. I may even do them up tonight if I feel up to it. Depends on how awake I am in the next hour or so. I liked that whip idea of yours, however. I haven't done a proper setup like that in a while. The main concept of that whip, however, would ensure only evil characters could actually use it.

I've tried to incorporate as many suggestions as possible in the past few months with the items I have shipped off to Ziroc. I know someone wanted dual-bladed swords and axes, so I created a few of those. A few people wanted new shields, so those have been submitted. I think there was a request for greatswords or something two-handed, so I've dropped those on Ziroc's shelves as well. If there is anything else required, requested, or just remembered that you'd love to see again, feel free to let me know. I make no guarantees that anything I do will show up in the module, I might add. I just want to give Ziroc more toys to play with that he doesn't have to sit down and make himself all the time.

Oh, just so y'all know, I think I'm going to wait until the new patch hits before working on the next group of weapons. (Sorry about that, toot033.) I figure I should just wait a while like everyone else whom is normal and see what has made themselves available. Don't worry though, anyone who had a request out there will more than likely get it fulfilled in the next batch of items. Given I have two files filled with weapon ideas, around ten sheets of scrap paper with powers and names and other randomness, and nothing but time... I am sure there's got to be something for everyone already in the module. I just wonder, though, exactly how many of the weapon ideas are going to find themselves in the hands of those beings ATTACKING we the players? For example, anyone heard of a war troll before? (sword, shield, helm, fighter levels...) Perhaps stirges whom all have a little magical ring around one of their ankles (Strength bonus, Attack bonus, partial immunity to slashing and bludgeoning weapons)? We have no idea what we'll be up against in the near future.

[ 11-22-2006, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:42 AM   #7
roddybug
Manshoon

One of the items that I enjoyed using in the days of local vault was the whip of submission. It was +5 (that was the max when I created it) with inflict critical wounds 1/day, inflict serious wounds 2/day, inflict moderate wounds 3/day, inflict light wounds 4/day. It's most fun power was dominate monster unlimited uses per day. This was a bit gross but you can only have one unwilling servant at a a time and the DC of the save wasn't that tough. I'd like to see that power directed at the creature being hit but I don't think that that is possible. I'd like to see something like that around again. Now where did I put my gimp mask of invulnerability?
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #8
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

so to recap (via this thread at least...)

- Whip Of Elemental Anguish (complete)
- (two more Elemental items created)
- Dwarven Waraxe Of Fury (renamed slightly and completed)
- (companion handaxe created and completed)
- Whip Of Submission (slightly renamed, beefed up, and completed)
- Staff Of The Ram (dragged from Baldur's Gate II, revised, revamped, and now three different versions completed)

sadly, I am still missing a TON of robes in my hak pack. I am not sure why that is. I'll try to get in contact with Ziroc about this issue, as I don't know if it is only me missing the robes or are there just simply a terrifying host of robes unavailable to the regular player. aside from that, I did everything mentioned in here. if anyone wants to see the finished products for themselves, let me know ahead of time. there's still plenty of time to get your requests in (forever and a day) so don't be afraid to mention things you'd like to see!

[ 11-25-2006, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:58 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

When you say missing robes, you mean that there are loads of sections of blank robes from like numbers 30-50 or something? Yeh, CEP started that odd bug or Arnaden.. It's just a spacer.. a big spacer.... I guess. I tested that a lot, an its not buggy. Just looks scary.. (All the robe models are in the game, just pushed down the numbers a bit).

I could maybe fix it via the 2da, but then I'd need to release another patch. And the word 'patch' is evil now. Now to make levels with goooodieeess.. yess...

Also, if I did fix it, and 'pulled the numbers together of robes' It would cause an offset, which I cannot have in items. That is a bad thing. One day you'd log in with nice plate mail, the next, after the fix, a floral DRESS! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] noooooooooooooooo!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:18 PM   #10
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Ziroc, everyone's favourite neighbourhood superhero (as he and Peter Parker are really cousins), schooled me on the following:

When you say missing robes, you mean that there are loads of sections of blank robes from like numbers 30-50 or something? Yeh, CEP started that odd bug or Arnaden.. It's just a spacer.. a big spacer.... I guess. I tested that a lot, an its not buggy. Just looks scary.. (All the robe models are in the game, just pushed down the numbers a bit).

I could maybe fix it via the 2da, but then I'd need to release another patch. And the word 'patch' is evil now. Now to make levels with goooodieeess.. yess...

Also, if I did fix it, and 'pulled the numbers together of robes' It would cause an offset, which I cannot have in items. That is a bad thing. One day you'd log in with nice plate mail, the next, after the fix, a floral DRESS! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] noooooooooooooooo!

Long as I know it isn't me. I feel THAT much better knowing that it wasn't some kind of screw up that I did. I wonder if they were intending to place more robe styles in the CEP and then scrapped the ideas sent in to them. I take it that Lisa's Wings are in the latest hak pack? If so, how do I go about accessing those and CEP Heads? There were a few ideas I wanted to work on, but not sure about how to start (either with LETO or within the toolset itself).