Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2001, 08:24 PM   #1
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Ok first time Im going through the game with is my Sorcerer and I want to clear up some things.

The high level abilities now say if I put a point in Dragons breath does that mean I can cast it once per day or I have it in the ninth level pool for as many times as I want.

Next Which Ninth level spells to choose, the obvious ones are Timestop and Chain contingency, I should get 2 more by the time I get to the cap, when I solo this will happen but Ill probably only get 1 more first time round what should it be, Im thinking Imprisonment.

The order of the high level abilities, Im thinking of getting Dragons breath first, then Improved Aclarity and after that Summon Planetar, is this a good idea.

The Kensai questions.

Ok im going to be soloing through with a Kensai eventually and Im wondering what weapon proficancies he should have, in BG2 hes good with longswords and scimitars with that in mind what should I choose next.

Of course his special abilities I want to Know about as well, dont know as much about the fighter pool so inform me.

------------------

[This message has been edited by jabidas (edited 07-19-2001).]
jabidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 09:45 AM   #2
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

To answer some of your questions.
Dragon breath, summon planetar and comet will be amongst you're level nine spells so you can memorise them multiple times if you want.
Get all the level 10 spells, all very useful.
For a kensai get proficincies in axes next or maybe flails for the upgraded flail of ages. The new axe is awesome when you upgrade it. For special abilities get whirlwind and greater whilrwind, then power attack, critical strike and smite then hardiness then resist magic then whatever othe ones you want. You'll hack through even bosses pretty quickly with 10 attacks, all doing criticals.

------------------
visit www.zipworld.com.au/~wsgs
Draggor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 09:51 AM   #3
Seid
Manshoon

For mages and sorcerors I think Planetars and Dragon's breath are the two best choices. Come only deals half the damage Dragon's breath does. Planetars are awesome! Not like those stupid Pit fiends that you can't even control.
Greater whirlwind is the best choice for a fighter. My Sarevok knows it and he's extremely deadly although he is only at level 21.

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.
Seid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 12:27 PM   #4
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Improved Alacrity is not that great. It sounds good, but only lasts for 2 rounds, it is only good for casting spells with a very short cast time.

I found comet to be better than Dragon's Breath, as many enemies in ToB are highly fire-resistant. Summon Planetar is the best summoning spell in the game. They are even stronger than Devas. They can cast high level priest (like Globe of Blades) and some mage spells, have three attacks per round, are permenently hasted, and wield the Silver Sword. Get Planetar first, you won't regret it.

For level nine spells, I usually go with Time Stop, Chain Contingency, Shapechange, and SpellStrike.

For the Kensai, I'd start working on Bastard Swords...there is a nice one. For special abilities, a Kensai should learn many "Hardiness". This gives 40% resist to all physical damage for 1 round per 2 levels; very handy when facing Fire Giants. Whirlwind gets all the press, but I'd go with the Power Attack/Critical Strike/Smite route, especially with a Kensai. Nothing like a dual-wielding Kensai, improved hasted, doing nothing but critical hits for the next round, with a chance of stunning and/or knocking back an opponent.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Xod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 01:11 PM   #5
Terchon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The best sorcerer abilities are summon planetar and dragon's breath.Improved alarcity and comet are useless.I don't know many fighter abilities but my paladin has Critical Strike: It ROCKS.

------------------
"Oh, a rock. How fascinating" Edwin
Terchon is offline   Reply With Quote