Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 01:38 PM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

I've been doing a lot of thinking and planning for this.

Perin's Challenge

First off: THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION !!!

Anyone can join in, no one will be judged. Let me explain the idea. Some background info:

The Foe

Memnoch was gracious enough to provide this bit of recon. We know what we are up against. Honestly, I am more excited about this ONE fight than the rest of the game.

THIS is Perin's Challenge.

I am gonna solo the game (we've been through this idea.) but here's the new thing. I WANT TO DO IT AT THE LOWEST LEVEL POSSIBLE.

To any who accept the challenge and join with me ! The rules are simple: You can play any class, any party that are IN-GAME. No addons allowed, except for the Official patch, GrandMastery patch, and Bonus CD items. No outside kits or items, and no cheese tactics are allowed.

Legit characters and legit fights only.

Screenshots are the only way to be acknowlged. I will post them on the new DawgPound (Coming soon) website, in it's own Perin's Challenge page. In-fight shots will be great, (pause & hit Print Scrn) but the important one is this. A Screenshot set of the fallen foe, and the dialog box scrolling back to see the damage as it happens. This will help us screen out the cheese.

Whoever kills the Prince is eligible. ANYONE, ANY PARY. Those who choose to do it solo, or low level will be given a special page describing the whole battle, just to encourage the challenge.

If you are intersted in accepting the challenge, get to work !!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 06-18-2001).]
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 02:00 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hey rude, could u answer a question: how would i post a screenshot? im not exactly sure, altho im sure i will be the first to complete this challenge.

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 02:05 PM   #3
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
hey rude, could u answer a question: how would i post a screenshot? im not exactly sure, altho im sure i will be the first to complete this challenge.

Good question. Feel free to email them to me at the account in my profile. I'll host them. If you want to do it yourself, just place the URL here.

And I hope you DO finish first! After me, of course!

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 03:38 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

WOW! Wonderful idea Dawg, I love it! Post the url as soon as you get the site off the groud ok?

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Melusine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 03:46 PM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Rudedawg, you got guts. I cant even imagine there is a way of finishing the game without being a high level charecter. Soloing is hard enough but when you have to be on the lowest level possible thats nigh on impossible. Count me out, good luck to all you guys doing the challenge, I still dont see how Perin's going to shoot his way out of this one.

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 03:50 PM   #6
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Rudedawg, you got guts. I cant even imagine there is a way of finishing the game without being a high level charecter. Soloing is hard enough but when you have to be on the lowest level possible thats nigh on impossible. Count me out, good luck to all you guys doing the challenge, I still dont see how Perin's going to shoot his way out of this one.

Sigmar, buddy!

You don't NEED to try for the low level!

WHOMEVER defeats the Prince in a legit game can have the screenshots posted!

If someone does it SOLO or at LOW LEVEL, they will get a page to themselves, with a narrative descrition (Story) written by me.

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 04:08 PM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

Rudedawg I've never asked, what are Perin's stats and items?

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!
Old 06-18-2001, 04:33 PM   #8
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Rudedawg I've never asked, what are Perin's stats and items?

Perin Lighteyes is an Elven Archer, with a Chaotic Good alignment.

These are natural rolls. I rolled until I got my first STR of 18 (I wanted the fighter bonus) which took less than 10 rolls.

These are his Level 7 stats, which I will be starting over at. These are before any items, weapons, or armor.

STR - 18/96
DEX - 19 (Elven bonus, +1)
CON - 17 (Elven disadv, -1)
INT - 9 (dumb tank. Easily confused)
WIS - 15 (can barely use Ranger spells)
CHR - 8 (ugly as sin. Scarred, Marred, & Charred)

AC - 6 HP - 62 THAC0 - 14
Racial Enemy - Dragons

The only items I will take and use are : MoonDog figurine, Shadow Dragon scale, Boots of Speed, Bracers of Archery, Belt of Inetial Barrier, Periapt of Life Protection, Ring of Reg, and the Ring of the Ram. I also like to get the set of Ion stones (I can't imagine an Archer useing helmets)

Weapons are simple: Mana Bow, Celestial Fury, Flame Tongue, and Daystar. Arrows of Biting, Dispelling, and +2.

As you can see, he is not a god, or even CLOSE. This is why I love the challenge.

SUPERMAN was not brave. He could never be hurt. BATMAN, on the other hand, risked his life everytime he went out. So does Perin.

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 04:41 PM   #9
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
Perin Lighteyes is an Elven Archer, with a Chaotic Good alignment.

These are natural rolls. I rolled until I got my first STR of 18 (I wanted the fighter bonus) which took less than 10 rolls.

These are his Level 7 stats, which I will be starting over at. These are before any items, weapons, or armor.

STR - 18/96
DEX - 19 (Elven bonus, +1)
CON - 17 (Elven disadv, -1)
INT - 9 (dumb tank. Easily confused)
WIS - 15 (can barely use Ranger spells)
CHR - 8 (ugly as sin. Scarred, Marred, & Charred)

AC - 6 HP - 62 THAC0 - 14
Racial Enemy - Dragons

The only items I will take and use are : MoonDog figurine, Shadow Dragon scale, Boots of Speed, Bracers of Archery, Belt of Inetial Barrier, Periapt of Life Protection, Ring of Reg, and the Ring of the Ram. I also like to get the set of Ion stones (I can't imagine an Archer useing helmets)

Weapons are simple: Mana Bow, Celestial Fury, Flame Tongue, and Daystar. Arrows of Biting, Dispelling, and +2.

As you can see, he is not a god, or even CLOSE. This is why I love the challenge.

SUPERMAN was not brave. He could never be hurt. BATMAN, on the other hand, risked his life everytime he went out. So does Perin.

Impressive Rudedawg but I've noticed he dosen't have a cloak or more importently the cloak of reflection, it's really useful when soloing so why dont you?

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!
Old 06-18-2001, 04:46 PM   #10
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Impressive Rudedawg but I've noticed he dosen't have a cloak or more importently the cloak of reflection, it's really useful when soloing so why dont you?

Memnoch and I both call it the Cloak of Cheating. TOO Powerful. You'll notice that I also don't use Crom Faeyr or the Mace of Disruption. Only longswords and katanas, and my bow. It provides a challenge that way.

I'm trying to ROLEPLAY the charcter as I see an Elven Ranger. Not a god.

Of course, if anyone wants to powergame for the Challenge, they are welcome to !!!

------------------