Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-27-2003, 03:56 AM   #1
Bredalbane
User Suspended for 1 Month [Apr17]

... I ask a direct question about the twisted rune quest(?) in a previous post(see "cleaning up") and people here either talk around it(if you don't know, say so) or they just ignore the query. So I ask again, if the twisted rune is a quest, how do you get it? To repeat, IF I ASK A DIRECT QUESTION LIKE THIS, I EXPECT AND WANT to be spoiled.
Bredalbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 04:26 AM   #2
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

My apologies on behalf of the other forum members, I will try my best to explain. Spoilers everyone else I suppose.

Okay, the Twisted Rune was designed to be a part of a quest supposedly, but the designers never finished it. Now it is related only by dialogue, not actual quests. To battle the Twisted Rune, you must first have a Rogue Stone in your possession (I warn you, having multiple stacked will take all of them), which will disappear when u open a door in the bridge district. The door is on the water side, and is locked and trapped i believe. Inside the doorway, it will appear to be a blank area. Click on it with your cursor, and the Rogue Stone(s) will vanish, teleporting you to the Twisted Rune area. Good luck!!
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 04:29 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm?

They did answer your query.

The Twisted Rune is NOT a quest, and there is no way to start a Twisted Rune quest. The only way to fight the Twisted Rune is to stumble into their hideout and talk to the head honcho.

Reread Raistlin Majere's reply
Quote:
just to clarify, the twisted rune has nothing to do with any quest. it might have had, if the makers had had more time...rumors are, that it was going to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest quest, aside from the main quest. You do get a sweet staff from the encounter, and the encounter is moderately challenging, at least for the first time. Calsiumus has already stated that you need a rogue stone to pass through the door in the bridge district, so i wont have to tell you that
No hard feelings, but do pay attention.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 04:31 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Chill dude.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 04:31 AM   #5
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Wow. I missed a lot when I was gone. Dundee became a moderator!? jeez! Good job, however long ago that was!! sorry Bredalbane for getting off topic, which was the topic ironically.
-Brainless One

PS: EEK! An appearance from Ziroc too!! Bredalbane, you have a celebrity post here. Congrats!
-Brainless One

[ 12-27-2003, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Brainless One ]
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 05:24 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

And I had to add a mention in your title of that thread that Spoilers were to be found in your post...as the forum rules require you to do.

There are actually some people who visit this site that want to read advice threads that do not contain spoilers, and it is up to all of us to keep that atmosphere working properly.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 10:04 AM   #7
icelus
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bredalbane:
... I ask a direct question about the twisted rune quest(?) in a previous post(see "cleaning up") and people here either talk around it(if you don't know, say so) or they just ignore the query. So I ask again, if the twisted rune is a quest, how do you get it? To repeat, IF I ASK A DIRECT QUESTION LIKE THIS, I EXPECT AND WANT to be spoiled.
Welcome to the world of online forums. Get used to it.
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
icelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 01:03 PM   #8
Ares

Wow.

If you want to be spoiled in the future, put at the end of your post "please spoil me". If they don't ask for a spoiler, we won't give them one. You only get to play through the game once without knowing what's going to happen, why wreak it with unnecessary spoiilers?

also - this thread is a mod goldmine [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-27-2003, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Ares ]
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 01:34 PM   #9
Bredalbane
User Suspended for 1 Month [Apr17]

Exclamation

Ok. My bad. I apologize to the forum gods for yelling. People avoid spoils here like the plague, and every post here that might have the slightest hint of a spoil must bear the mark of the leper(Run Away! Run Away!). I'll just get used to it.
Bredalbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 01:45 PM   #10
Ares

No, like I said, you only get to really enjoy the game once - your first time through.

It's a good rule, and very few people have problems with it.

[ 12-27-2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Ares ]
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote