Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 11-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Default Re: Who's in your party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Hmm. Maybe because my group is only level 9, my 2 mages don't seem to be doing very much. That said, I'm mainly using tactics instead of micromanaging them - it's a major pain to micromanage using the PS3.
A great CC tactic is the Sleep + Waking Nightmare combo. Set tactics to Enemy-clustered with 3 or more allies (Or 2 more, etc.) to use sleep, then Enemy - Asleep - Waking Nightmare.

Causes enemies that fail the save to attack one another or stand around, while the rest stay asleep, and are open to direct (massive) damage from Horror as well.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Default Re: Who's in your party?

There is a lot on just one disc.

I have not even tried to use Morrigans' shapeshifting properties (perhaps she can have a scrap with her mother but I'm not going there yet). Seems there are possibilities to be explored.

Problem is that enemies ambush in transit and there is no option but to fight it out. When surrounded, rogues seem to die fast so for the moment I'm favouring tanks protecting a mage dualled for healing and hitting.

I still die more than I like so I'm nowhere near getting it right yet.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #13
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

Sunglass Man Re: Who's in your party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greything View Post
There is a lot on just one disc.

I have not even tried to use Morrigans' shapeshifting properties (perhaps she can have a scrap with her mother but I'm not going there yet). Seems there are possibilities to be explored.

Problem is that enemies ambush in transit and there is no option but to fight it out. When surrounded, rogues seem to die fast so for the moment I'm favouring tanks protecting a mage dualled for healing and hitting.

I still die more than I like so I'm nowhere near getting it right yet.
My Dual Wield stealth Rogue doest die at all.
None of the characters die much with the proper tactics but Rogues can survive quite nicely, even against revenants and Dragons.