Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-18-2002, 12:51 PM   #21
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
I am in agreement with both Neb and MagiK on this:
1)There is no better feeling in the world than having a bullet miss you. Fear has it's place as a motivating factor for survival, but it can also be a paralyzing force that either stops action or causes you to waste energy on unimportant things.
2) Every American citizen should be deeply concerned that any branch of our government would suggest a program so fundamentally anti-constitutional. An ethically questionable group has been given power at a time when a serious breach of freedom is at least marginally arguable, and it is up to us, as citizens, to maintain the control over our government that we have an intrinsic right and responsibility to wield.

AMEN!!!!

Old 07-18-2002, 12:56 PM   #22
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Take one can opener and one can of unopened worms and you have nothing, start pointing fingers and throwing acusations and you have an opened can of worms. All I can say is, Where we going fishing ?
Old 07-18-2002, 12:58 PM   #23
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
I am letting you speak. I just have no tolerance for people who will sit idly by and let this happen! I have no doubt that it will pass, because people are hysterical and have no control at this point. Congress will pass it to appease them, as will the Senate, Bush will pass it because he is a moron, and the Supreme Court will not speak up out of fear of being called unpatriotic.

Also, you said those things. I merely added them in for comical effect, perhaps you should read between the lines a bit? And if you'll note, I'm not telling you to "shut up" or "silence yourself" even though I have the undying desire to right now, because I do respect your rights. Perhaps you shouldn't assume so much out of me, eh?

And on a sidenote, if you had insulted my manhood I really wouldn't have given half a whit in caring. Being macho has no desire to me, and if someone calls me gay I'm quick to back it up by acting that way just to put them off guard. So, good luck provoking me, and have a nice day.
Im sorry, I am having dificulty here...exactly where did I promote the idea that we should sit idly by? I must have made one hell of a typo. What I did say is that we should not be using the word fear here, we can be adamantly against the idea (I am) and I am concerned, and Im am AGAINST government informants, but fear won't be part of the equation untill I have to face down the federal agents in a life or death situation. Too often people exagerate and muddle the language till words have no meaning. I am against that too.

The press muddles the language, politicians muddle the language and we call it spin...I call it a lie. If you cannot communicate with the proper words, you are more likely to make the situation worse and not better....and no Im not perfect, I screw up and use the wrong words on occasion too.

Old 07-18-2002, 01:00 PM   #24
Neb
Account deleted by Request

MagiK, I think this originates from you saying: "Don't fear it." People apparently assumed, I know that I did, that you meant: "Don't care about it."
Old 07-18-2002, 01:00 PM   #25
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
Take one can opener and one can of unopened worms and you have nothing, start pointing fingers and throwing acusations and you have an opened can of worms. All I can say is, Where we going fishing ?
Haven't you heard? It is cruel and inhumane to use poor defensless worms in such a manner...how would you like to have a barbed hook shoved through your body?

Old 07-18-2002, 01:02 PM   #26
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
MagiK, I think this originates from you saying: "Don't fear it." People apparently assumed, I know that I did, that you meant: "Don't care about it."
I see, then yes I have to agree I chose poor wording. I am very concerned and so should we all be (well if you have to live with it anyway) As I said we should ALL write to our government officials, from the mayor, to the governor to the congressman and to the senators. It is these people we need to impress with how wrong this idea is.

Old 07-18-2002, 01:04 PM   #27
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Im sorry, I am having dificulty here...exactly where did I promote the idea that we should sit idly by? I must have made one hell of a typo. What I did say is that we should not be using the word fear here, we can be adamantly against the idea (I am) and I am concerned, and Im am AGAINST government informants, but fear won't be part of the equation untill I have to face down the federal agents in a life or death situation. Too often people exagerate and muddle the language till words have no meaning. I am against that too.

The press muddles the language, politicians muddle the language and we call it spin...I call it a lie. If you cannot communicate with the proper words, you are more likely to make the situation worse and not better....and no Im not perfect, I screw up and use the wrong words on occasion too.
Well excuse frickin' me for misunderstanding, you weren't being very clear. And I had yet to read a bit more when I posted that, so how about a bit of leeway here, huh? Let's just say, I could have said more.

And call me an idiot once more (yes, I do interpret that as an attack on my intellect, which I take much more personal than my manhood) and you'll be none the happier. I use the word fear because that is what it is to me; fear. Or perhaps you didn't know that a Republican congressman won't listen to a 15-year-old Liberitarian who has no such patriotic views or any power at all?
Old 07-18-2002, 01:04 PM   #28
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Quote:
quote:
Haven't you heard? It is cruel and inhumane to use poor defensless worms in such a manner...how would you like to have a barbed hook shoved through your body? [/QUOTE]Ack, oh no, not another liberalist, ~runs away screaming Be Free Worms, be pecked by the birds, be FREE~

[ 07-18-2002, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Elif Godson ]
Old 07-18-2002, 01:05 PM   #29
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
quote:
Haven't you heard? It is cruel and inhumane to use poor defensless worms in such a manner...how would you like to have a barbed hook shoved through your body? [/QUOTE]Ack, stop it dude, i know all about that, i had a fishinghook in one of my toes once. You can't pull it out, so i had to push it through. I know how fish feel
Old 07-18-2002, 01:06 PM   #30
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I see, then yes I have to agree I chose poor wording. I am very concerned and so should we all be (well if you have to live with it anyway) As I said we should ALL write to our government officials, from the mayor, to the governor to the congressman and to the senators. It is these people we need to impress with how wrong this idea is. [/QUOTE]Not only those who have to live with it should be concerned, other nations might be inspired by the US's example and decide to show that they're the US's allies in the "War against terrorism". Partially in the interest of becoming the US's buddy and partially so that they can oppress their own population into being less troublesome for them.