Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2002, 12:43 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

to tell you the truth i wasnt playing. i was just watching others play it.
it seemed a bit boring sometimes but had some very fun/funny moments. one person in particular, a halfling thief called Timo, was doing funny stuff.
the whole game was done in a world of everlasting snow and coldness. here`s how it went:

------
*the party receives a quest to find out why there are living dead in the crypt. they set off on their journey.*
DM:"The party heads towards the crypt."
Timo:"Wait! i take off my armor and clothes and then i jump on the snow, with my back touching it. then i move my hands and legs and make a snow angel"
Raido:"Hey, wait! Ill go there and make the snow angel yellow!"
*he makes the snow angel yellow and the party proceeds on the journey*
------
*inside the crypt, they start battling against zombies.*
Timo:"ill jump on a zombie and start biting him"
DM:"Timo makes an attempt to jump on the zombie. the zombie dodges and Timo hits the wall and is severely injured"
------
*later they find zombies that couldnt be killed (the sword went right through the zombie. no scratches or anything). the party retreats to the surface*
DM:"You reach the surface again. the zombies chase you."
Timo:"ill throw snowballs at them!"
*Timo throws snowballs at the zombies and finds they have no effect(suprise suprise)*
------
*They go back to the city to meet the man who gave them the quest and say that the zombies cant be hurt. the guy says back "use holy water". the party buys holy water and kills the zombies. they find a letter which said that they are supposed to go to a house`s cellar. they get inside the house*
DM:"youre inside the house. the house is dirty and messed up everywhere."
Timo:"What? Dirty!? Then ill start cleaning up!"
*he cleans the house a bit and notices the big fireplace*
DM:"the fireplace is full of big and small cole pieces. its black and dirty throughout the fireplace. there is nothing of interest in there."
Timo:"Yeah, but its still dirty and i have to clean it up"
*Timo cleans up the fireplace. suddenly, the party hears a sound coming from outside. Timo checks whats there and notices 3 zombies coming towards them.*
DM:"They are 30 yards away."
Timo:"hey, ill run over the house."
*Timo runs over the house and sees nothing of interest. then he goes back inside the house.*
Timo:"Ill check the fireplace again"
DM:"grr! theres NOTHING in there!"
Timo:"Yeah, but maybe it isnt totally clean yet!"

------

the game went on and on and on.. they played from 8 P.M. to 7 A.M. straight!
it was pretty fun, overall. id like to have a try sometimes [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 06-08-2002, 12:56 PM   #2
lroyo

11 hours! They've got stamina! I've tried to play a game before, but the other people just won't keen enough. They weren't willing to really join in the fantasy and kept asking stupid questions and getting distracted.

I'd definitely like to try again, but then again, I can always play BG2.