Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-09-2002, 07:46 AM   #11
DiabloRex
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
you will have to explain daim to me...

oops, didnt know it wasnt known everywhere, anyway quoting from their website its "chocolate covered cruncy caramel"
Old 02-24-2002, 09:39 PM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

UPDATE ON ICE-CREAM

I wanted to let everybody know how I have been doing. I love the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream, but could not find a recipe that did it just right. So,,,I made up my own. First, I tested several ways to combine the milks and creams. You have milk, half and half, whipping cream and heavy cream. They each have a different fat percentage, thus causing different textuers in the completed product. If you use too much milk, you get very hard, icy substance. If you use too much heavy cream, it tastes fantastic, but you get a film in your mouth. ~bleah~
So, by combining the right amount of the different milks and creams...I got the perfect texture.

Next, was the flavor. The vanilla ice-cream was too bland. Even though I had the cookie-dough pieces in it, I could not enjoy it 100%, due to the flavor of the ice-cream itself. So, I thought...well, when you make cookies, the #1 main ingredient in them is brown sugar. That is the actual taste of the cookie part. So, I thought...instead of a half-cup of regular sugar, why not 1/4 cup regular sugar and 1/4 part brown sugar. (Actually, my wife pointed me to that brilliant fact.)
So...what we have now is a beautiful blend and a perfect ice-cream!

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]