Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-24-2001, 09:13 AM   #1
max777
Welcomed New User

Is there any difference when you play Evil aligned party in terms of quests?

As I understand the difference can be only in NPC-related quests, for all other storyline quests must be the same (or I just kill all whom I meet?)

I will definitely try when I finish SoA and ToB but can anybody hint me is this really worth it?
Old 07-24-2001, 09:53 AM   #2
Seid
Manshoon

Right now I'm playing an evil party. there are quests that you can do the good or the evil way. Evil ways are faster most of the time. Also you don't have to worry about your reputation so much (it's easier to bring it down than to raise it).

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.
Old 07-24-2001, 10:09 AM   #3
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

I find it harder to rollplay an evil party, trying to be lawful evil, not just a psychopath. Korgan, Edwin, and Viconia are powerful characters. You can actually finish the bridge murders quest if you are willing to kill good guys. Go for it if you want a new challenge, but it requires more psycological work to figure out how you should act.

Despite my sig...

------------------
I'm confused. Explain to me again how peace and forgiveness will help me to crush my enemies and make them suffer.
Sherpa Doug
Old 07-24-2001, 02:22 PM   #4
oldbittercraig
Elminster

I'm running a NE Kensai/Mage and I've taken the "good" path for most of the way and kept an above average rep (13)... the psychology being "I will act in the manner that will bring me the most personal gain"

Old 07-24-2001, 02:28 PM   #5
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

It is fun to play an evil party, but much more difficult at first and quests give less exp and item/gold rewards.

Demand gold before taking any quest, don't do any charity, and don't take any crap from anyone (or anything).

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 07-24-2001, 05:58 PM   #6
Crasso of Battledale
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And an inteligent evil charachter should realize that making donations to the church (does increase your reputation giving a donative to Talos´ Church?)is good for avoiding problems with those who follow the law.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:34 PM   #7
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

But sometimes it´s obvious that the game developers just forgot the evil ones there are not enough evil quests and the rewards really should be more balanced.

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 07-24-2001, 06:50 PM   #8
Zayron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SherpaDoug: "I find it harder to rollplay an evil party, trying to be lawful evil, not just a psychopath. Korgan, Edwin, and Viconia are powerful characters. You can actually finish the bridge murders quest if you are willing to kill good guys. Go for it if you want a new challenge, but it requires more psycological work to figure out how you should act."

Huh? I played the game through five times and thought I had seen everything... What exactly are you talking about?
P.S Tip below for evil slight spoiler

in the Trademeet quest you get an offer only if your reputation is low, to finish the quest in a different way than you usually do. Also, you will too get plenty of stuff when you´re evil, a lot of the quest givers are cheap (the mage in the underdark, Adalon) and if you kill them you will get all the items they are carrying.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:18 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I always wonder about those who like playing evil characters. Why? Do you fantasize killing innocents at the fast food restaurants also? What the hell is wrong with being good?Even in games I have a consience. Whats the thrill of killing peasants/whoever? I dont get it tell me
Old 07-24-2001, 07:29 PM   #10
jabidas
Silver Dragon

The fun isnt in killing the peasants its doing things like betraying Hendak to Lenithan and laughing about it and taking advantage of innocents. Basically just being cruel and vicous, only in forgotten realms evil tends to be stupid and shortsighted but thats a complaint for another day.

------------------