Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2002, 04:45 PM   #11
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Heh heh too bad dude, it would be cool as I said, Maybe I'll try something like that myself sometime. I AM insane enough for it, by far........ lol
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 09:21 AM   #12
Ike YarakZ
Dungeon Master

umm i dunno if u guys did this... but i always create a fimiliar for my PC even if s/he is not a mage... my paladin had a Psuedo Dragon...

this is how:
in the inventory screen find a spot wif potions... like one or two, the amount doesnt matter. then drink that particular potion...
u know that the icon of the potion doesnt disappear until u go to the Game Screen... so put the find fimiliar scroll where that potion was... and put the potion where the scroll was... then u got ur self a fimiliar... WWWWOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOO I GOT MY HEAD SHAVED, IT WASNT EASY, WWWOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOO [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2002, 10:00 AM   #13
Keylow
Manshoon

I know your entire iventory gets purged when you start the game but can't you do what I mentioned earlier:
quote:
You probably have to use the press-pause-when-the-game-starts-trick when the screen is still black. You can then open your inventory and drop your familiar on the ground. If you don't do this it will probably be removed like all other items if you have anything in your inventory.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:07 AM   #14
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Keylow -

I'm not sure about the keystroke sequence, but I do know that there are a number of walkthroughs for BG2 that specifically list a way in which a familiar can be given to ANY character, not just a non-lead mage! So at least as far as those walkthroughs are accurate, there is documentation of HOW it can be done.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 10:38 AM   #15
Keylow
Manshoon

Keystroke sequence? I ment that you can pause the game right at the begining. The screen is still black then, it's right before you hear the "aaarrghh" sound and the torture sequence with Irenicus starts. When the game is paused in this situation, your inventory hasn't been purged yet, you still have all your stuff! So, I figured, why shouldn't you be able to drop your familiar then, and then continue with the game. The torture sequence starts and a little later you get control of your character. What happens then is that the items you dropped while the game was paused will now appear on the ground, as if you had dropped them (which you did, just before the game started [img]smile.gif[/img] ). This works for all items, so I figured, why shouldn't this work for familiars? And this is what I was trying to explain to SixOfSpades.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:38 PM   #16
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I will try the trick of pausing at the very beginning to release my familiar--but since that would mean starting all over again, first I'm going to try to find the thread about having non-main characters have familiars. It's gonna take me a long time, there are over 300 pages of old posts to go through.....argh. The things we do for trivial little details--it's not like he NEEDS a Familiar anyway.

Expect to find a lot of old posts dredged up from the deep. You'll notice that the "Irenicus--the actor" thread was begun over 2 years ago.