Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2002, 01:59 AM   #11
Crimson
Dungeon Master

i would say cattibrie i mean she trusted drizzt from the start and still does in the latest book by salvatore just released last month
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 11:41 AM   #12
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

Drizzt is the best of all!
Old 02-18-2002, 05:54 PM   #13
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Don't bother answering my previous question I know now(I got the servant of the Shard today, and the Icewind dale trilogy as well Yippee!!!!!!!)
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 04:04 PM   #14
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

its gotta be zak and jarlaxle.zak was just so good at what he does,and jarlaxle is just plain fun.and jarlaxle has some of the coolest items.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 11:32 PM   #15
Sneeki Two
Dungeon Master

Artemis is one of my favs. I actually considered his skill better than Drizzt. He was only human (and not a super young one at that) and faired very well against Drizzt (who was a VERY extraordinary drow). Drizzt is the best fighter to come out of Menzo (though Jarlaxle would probably give him a good run for his money).

Also Artemis's weapons weren't ordinary. I know his dagger stole lifeforce and transferred it to the wielder (though Drizzt was really the only that could hit him). Also one of his weapons was supposedly a defender (from one of his early character stats).

Jarlaxle is another favorite now. Servant of Shard (if I remember correctly) really made him shine. I mentioned him being up to par with both Artemis and Drizzt, but he is way too smart to get caught up in a duel so equally matched.

I also like Danica from the Cleric Quintet. Its just cool to see a monk in action. Ivan and Pikel also deserve mention.

Drizzt is also neat but kinda boring. I thought he was best in the Darkelf trilogy. His goodiness was refreshing when compared to his family and surroundings.

Just my 2.
Sneeki Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 06:33 AM   #16
dominions
Elminster

A bit of a toss-up between Jarlaxle, Artemis Entreri, and Wolfgur.
The later books have really made these characters shine in there own light, instead of being slaved to Drizzt.

Drizzt himself has become... stale. His character has not really expanded/grown for quite a while now.
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 09:20 PM   #17
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sneeki Two:
I also like Danica from the Cleric Quintet. <hr></blockquote>

I haven't heard much about the Cleric Quintet, any good?
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 11:27 PM   #18
Sneeki Two
Dungeon Master

To Daniel:
The Cleric Quintet is not quite as good as the Drizzt books but they were a nice diversion. If you have some extra time, I'd give them a try.

I also liked the Spelljammer series they did quite a while back(I think the first was "Into the Void"). I thought it was better than the Cleric Quintet. Not sure if they can be easily found though.

Just my 2.
Sneeki Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 03:00 AM   #19
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I read a lot, I own all the Forgotten realm novels, and I think that all of R.A. Salvator's characters are interesting in their own right. But I think those characters really suck compared to the characters from Geoge R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and fire" series, Sara Douglass "Wayfarer Redemption" series and Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time series" (By the time you get to the 9th book of a Wheel of Time, you become very attached to the characters.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:51 AM   #20
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Drizzt is very impressive, but I also liked Wulfgar from the Icewind Dale trilogy

(OK, you did KNOW that I would choose the barbarian, didn't you?)

Another very neat character created by Salvatore is Oliver DeBurrows - a halfling duelist/thief in the <font color="red">Crimson Cape</font> series. He is a truly entertaining character in several different respects.

[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]</p>