Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2004, 10:27 AM   #1
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

Im just starting a new game with a male kensai that I intend to dual to mage at about 9 or 13. I also has the Shadows Over Soubar mod installed which Im playing for the first time. I will carry this party into TOB

1a) I will take 2 NPCs that come with 'Shadows', Charlotte and Selence Hillstar. Is Charlotte a romance ?

1b) Do I actually have to go through spellhold before I can get Selence in my party ?

2) I will take Nalia because the mod readme recomends the interaction he added for her with the new NPC's. what other characters have interesting interactions ? I don't want minsc because I always take him, I only want jaheira until the harpers are over. I dont want both Aerie and Nalia and I'm not keeping Imoen after I get back (and not at all if I can have Selence instead of Yoshi before spellhold).

This gives me:
PC fighter->mage
mage (nalia)
ranger (charlotte)
thief (yoshi -> selence)
priest (jaheira -> ??? anomen ??)

I could use another tank maybe, although if I trade Jaheira for anomen that gives me a half tank. Im not sure what kind of ranger Charlotte is so she may/not be tank-worthy. My PC being a Kensai means he's not really a tank, but a good auxilliary melee fighter. Also if I dont take anomen, who's a healer besides Jaheira or viccy ? no one ?

who for the 6th character ?
I was thinking maybe Mazzy because I never take her. I dont really want any evil characters, I'm kinda over bards, and I hate druids. I'm a bit weak but basically covered for thieves, with nalia and once my PC duals I have 2 mages (though one is playing catch-up). The more I think about it, the more I think I'll need a SIR Anomen, so thats a healer. I guess I'm basically covered for job roles... so who would interact well with this party as a final player ???

EDIT: I just realised if Charlotte isn't a romance, I will probably keep jaheira because:
a) I've never completed her romance and I think with my current patches it should actually work
b) the harpers thing takes so bloody long it's a wasted Exp investment NOT to keep her afterwards.

still wondering about a 6th member
also, what weapons for Jaheira ? I can never get a combo I'm really happy with

[ 02-13-2004, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: karlosovic ]
Old 02-13-2004, 10:38 AM   #2
Ares

Keldorn can be your 6th member, coincidentally he's also a pretty decent tank.

Well, clubs are Jaheira's decent weapons..you could give her a cleric staff +3 if you want, maybe Rashod's Talon or something with a +4 sheild.

I haven't played in a while so I know I'm missing some good weapons.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 12:07 PM   #3
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

If you take Jaheira and you have the Item Upgrades mod, there is a club that Cromwell can make for you that gives Grandmastery in clubs. She could definitely tank for you with a few defensive buffs.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:33 PM   #4
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

where and when do I find Charlotte in the Shadows Over Soubar mod ?