Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-20-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
cyraxis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since I had died multiple times on various quests, I decided to speed things up a little by enabling the cheat codes and moving the party around places I already have fully explored, like the Athkatla docks, by means of CTRL+J. On one occassion, Korgan initiated a dialogue with me telling me to hurry up and find Valygar right as we teleported. Ever since, Korgan faces my PC every couple seconds in a dialogue mode, but doesn't say anything. He will move to the position i assign him, or attempt to pick up the item i want him to pick up, but every couple of seconds he simply stops in his tracks to look at my PC in dialogue mode. The problem dissappears when I'm inside a building (any house/dungeon), but it is rather a problem outside (it only happens when im out of doors) and a very nasty annoyance seeing as how he can't move/pick things up without hinderance. I'm fully patched, have the Baldurdash fixpack and have the Solaufein mod installed. Maybe a CLUA edit is the way to go? Help plz?
cyraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:20 PM   #2
Ares

Sounds like the stutter bug, but I only encountered that happening with Aerie and Jahiera..perhaps you forced Korgan to stutter?

Try reloading that game, and if that doesn't work you might have to goto a previous save...if that still doesn't work, re-install.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:52 PM   #3
Userunfriendly
Elminster

using a lot of cntrl-j might have you skipped over a trigger point which involves dialog...don't use it...
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 08:00 PM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Ctrl-J is a very handy tool for people who've played the game several times.. Experience is key here. It's possible to skip over trigger points, bypass messengers, and miss important encounters. It should be used with caution, if at all, if you aren't intimately familiar with the game.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:46 PM   #5
cyraxis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried reinstallation.....Didn't work =(
Ne1 have any other suggestiones?
Old 01-21-2004, 12:05 AM   #6
Ares

If reinstalling didnt work then you missed a dialogue trigger point within that saved game. Reload from an earlier save.

You could also try booting Korgan out of the party and having him rejoin.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 04:43 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Or, alternatively, killing (Ctrl-Y) and re-raising (Ctrl-R) him. I know that works on the old "Edwin has a 'Spell Sequencer Active' icon in his portrait but the Special Abilities button isn't lit" problem.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:50 PM   #8
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Hmm! Cheat keys create problem, cheat keys solve problem. I like!

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 07:02 PM   #9
cyraxis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Tried booting and having him rejoin, but to no avail. Also, would it work if i just killed Korgan manually? CTRL+Y destroys Korgan's body so that his portrait isn't even there anymore. As for reloading previous saved games......don't have any. I'm an idiot i know....
Old 01-21-2004, 08:27 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by cyraxis:
.... would it work if i just killed Korgan manually? CTRL+Y destroys Korgan's body so that his portrait isn't even there anymore.
That's odd. I know for a definite fact that Ctrl-Y does not kill party members beyond resurrection, on my game at least. Okay then, try killing him normally.

Quote:
As for reloading previous saved games......don't have any. I'm an idiot i know....
Now you know. Never, EVER overwrite your hard Save if you even suspect you have a bug.