Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2005, 08:10 PM   #31
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
What is the benefit in eating them raw over cooking them?
No benefit whatsoever, unless you prefer the runny consistency, and I don't believe I know anyone who does.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:52 PM   #32
Sir Goulum
John Locke

It looks like Callum does. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:27 PM   #33
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Erm... shouldn't I? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2005, 12:14 AM   #34
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I prefer poached, myself. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:19 PM   #35
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
I prefer poached, myself. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Fried for me. That's almost a must-have lunch for me on Saturdays... 3 fried eggs with 2 pieces of toast... yum!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:37 AM   #36
Violet
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
Violet, why do you insist upon saying there's a difference between "constructed by proteins" and "built-up"? A muscle cannot grow to become either larger or stronger unless additional muscle tissue is being created, tissue that can only be created with protein amino acids as building blocks. This process of the body constructing muscle tissue from proteins is what happens both in growing children and in weight lifters. What you say about proteins being used to "repair" muscles is in a sense true since the decomposition and reconstruction of our muscles is a continuous process, and the primary use of proteins is in this process, but they are also used by the body to create additional muscle tissue when the body sees it fit to expand upon it's muscle mass.
I thought I made it clear in my last post that "built-up" = strengthened ass opposed to constructed. Muscle tissue is constructed in childhood. In adulthood, the tissue is repaired by proteins through daily use, exercise, and strenghtening. Expanded muscle mass in body builders is the existing tissue strengthened. >>>Get the texts.<<<
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:49 PM   #37
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Violet:
Muscle tissue is constructed in childhood. In adulthood, the tissue is repaired by proteins through daily use, exercise, and strenghtening.
Repaired, and given the right conditions, built upon.

Quote:
Expanded muscle mass in body builders is the existing tissue strengthened.
Muscle volume can expand without additional tissue being created, but muscle mass cannot increase without tissue growth. I concede that muscles can become stronger without increasing in mass, but you cannot achieve an increase in muscle mass without adding something to the mass. You still have yet to say what you believe this expansion in muscle mass consists of if not muscle tissue.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #38
Violet
Manshoon

As far as muscle tissue being "built upon" - please read the textbooks on clinical and biological nutrition - you'll gain a wealth of understanding on the subject.

I apologize for mis-using the word "mass". That did create confusion didn't it?! I'm sorry for that too.
Please replace the word "mass" with the word "volume" in my last post.
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Old 03-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #39
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Violet:
As far as muscle tissue being "built upon" - please read the textbooks on clinical and biological nutrition - you'll gain a wealth of understanding on the subject.

I apologize for mis-using the word "mass". That did create confusion didn't it?! I'm sorry for that too.
Please replace the word "mass" with the word "volume" in my last post.
Are you then implying that muscle mass cannot increase once the body is fully grown, only muscle volume?

Anyway, I think we might have slightly different ideas of what constitutes an increase in muscle mass. You're right in that the amount of muscle fibers that make up a muscle is constant, but the fibers themselves can grow in mass by adding elements consisting of proteins.

[ 03-01-2005, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 03-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #40
Violet
Manshoon

Read the texts. You can learn it for yourself.

Different ideas based on...scientific fact or popular belief?
And...
By growing, do you mean in (literal) mass or by volume? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry, I'll stop now.

[ 03-01-2005, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Violet ]