Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 06:03 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Arrow

This weekend, I finally had a chance to check out World of Warcraft. After reading tons of reviews and stories from happy players, I went over to a friend who just got the game and joined him in his epic quest as a Tauren Druid. We played for a couple of hours, and I have to admit, the gameplay is pretty good. I have a question, though. Are there servers where people choose to roleplay their characters? Because so far, all the dialogues I heard were of the "Yo. Do u guys knw wehere 2 find ze forge in bldhoof?" type. Which kind of spoils the fun. Not that I'll be playing for the coming time, as I don't have the time. Well, perhaps I do have the time, but when forced to choose between my social life, sleep and WoW.. I'd probably still pick WoW, so I tell myself I don't have the time as I'm waiting for the holidays. So.. you guys have fun, and I'll join you eventually. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-12-2005, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:52 PM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Dreamer128 chech out this MMORPG called Guild Wars. It is still in Beta and will be out in March or april But it is A MMORPG that has no monthly fee and is built by The Original Designers of WOW, Diablo, Star Craft, Baldur's Gate 1 & II, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 and the designers of Blizzard and the Blizzard on line Engine.These designers left WoW behind after their bosses desided to charge a monthly fee to play. WoW was origionaly suspose to be a free on line non-subscription Game and the onwers got greedy so these guys when around to all the big name gaming companys and recruted the Best of the Best Game Programers in the world to help them build Guild Wars The game cost $49.95 U.S. Dollars and will go on line everywhere on the planet on the same day not likr WOW that first started in the U.S. and 3 mouths later Europe got it.
If you go to a gaming store near you and get the Pre-Order Pack (Cost $5.00 U.S.) you will get a code that will allow you to play the Beta Weekend this comming Feb 18th, 19th, & 20th for 72 hours to get a taste of the game. The game is way beyond any on line or off game that has ever been developed.
Just check it out and see for yourself. You will forget all about WoW once you see it. Because of Better Graphics, Better Story, More Roll playing and Real team play without going from server to server just to find an adult type of Role Playing and best of all No month to month Fee just check the link below.

http://www.guildwars.com

Once you try the game you'll never look back at any other MMORPG's again.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:27 PM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Yeah, I know about Guild Wars. If it proofs to be a succes, maybe I'll try it out as well. But for now, most of my friends are playing WoW. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 07:02 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I was looking forward to Guild Wars too but from what I've heard and read WoW is supposed to be better. But then, WoW costs money monthly and GW is free so it is almost unfair to compare them.

There are RP servers. Be wary though, I love RP but amn't die-hard and it is on these servers you will find such people who will verbally abuse you over the internet for not being 'in character'. S'true that the leetspeak kinda ruins it but bah, I'm used to it by now.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:45 AM   #5
spydar

the hardcore rper's are kinda annoying when they can't discern ooc talk from ic talk, but it's fine for me since I'm relatively anti-social so I don't do much grouping anyway.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:11 AM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
This weekend, I finally had a chance to check out World of Warcraft. After reading tons of reviews and stories from happy players, I went over to a friend who just got the game and joined him in his epic quest as a Tauren Druid. We played for a couple of hours, and I have to admit, the gameplay is pretty good. I have a question, though. Are there servers where people choose to roleplay their characters? Because so far, all the dialogues I heard were of the "Yo. Do u guys knw wehere 2 find ze forge in bldhoof?" type. Which kind of spoils the fun. Not that I'll be playing for the coming time, as I don't have the time. Well, perhaps I do have the time, but when forced to choose between my social life, sleep and WoW.. I'd probably still pick WoW, so I tell myself I don't have the time as I'm waiting for the holidays. So.. you guys have fun, and I'll join you eventually. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WoW has specified RP servers for those who wish to have nice discussions and such without the l33t talk and AIM abbreviatiions.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote