Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2001, 11:17 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER
3rd Edition

Sazerac, Editor
Contributing Photojournalist: Carg

KILLER FLOOD CREATES TIDAL WAVES IN ENCHANTED SEA, STRANDS BOATS

Ever since the rise of the Dark Lord Cet, chaos has reigned over the fair Gael Serran, and nowhere can it be seen more evident than in the rash of crazy weather patterns that have occurred. The latest monsoon swept in seemingly from nowhere over the Enchanted Sea, causing no end of trouble for pirates, rogues, brigands, and other honorable denizens of greater Brimloch Roon.

"Thar were a tidal wave a'hunnert knots high", crowed Dubar, a seafaring scourge whose warship was washed up on Skull Island, as can be seen in the picture. "I thought fer sure I was a goner. I'd been prayin' t'Kerah fer to come get me ship unstuck from the bleedin' sandbar I'd run aground on a week ago, but fer Gawds I didn't mean 'er to put the bally thing on top of bleedin' Skull Castle!"

When asked what his plans were about removing the boat from Skull Castle, Dubar was quoted as saying, "Let the bleedin' Lich 'ave 'is joy of it!" He was last seen strutting down the stairway of the castle, muttering things to himself about the end of the world.

Even Brimloch Roon suffered from the sudden squall. Reports have it that a Mytharian Wisp from the Enchanted Isle was blown into the early morning streets of Brimloch Roon during the storm, where it fetched up against the wall of the Wizards Guild. Sabastio, guildmaster of the Wizards guild, attempted to remove the strange creature, who proceeded to cast a spell of silence on the hapless guildmaster before flying off. It has taken a week for Sabastio to recover his lost voice, and rumors have it that the townspeople of Brimloch Roon gave the Mytharian Wisp an honorary medal of valor.

Many thanks to our intrepid reporter Carg, who just happened to be emerging from the depths of Skull Castle when he spotted this unique photo opportunity.

Stay tuned for the next edition of the Gael Serran Examiner. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

-Sazerac, Editor

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-19-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 12:12 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yet another amazing issue!!!!
Award winning copy!!!

Wyv

Life is so good in Gael Sarren, why live anywhere else?
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 03:43 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And a'hunnert thanks for sharin the tale Saz - more GSE, my mind needs examining .
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 11:15 AM   #4
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Saz, Carg

HA HA HA! Avast ye landlubber, that thar story be as funny as a oiled barrel of monkey's arses off me port bow!

By the by, be ye lookin fer funny pictures?

Scronan

"I was looking, uh..."

"Forward to it ****?"

"Yay George ya!"

Ettin, Stonekeep
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 11:49 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, guys, and once again, a great thanks to Carg for this highly amusing photo-shot. Another GSE is forthcoming by this weekend, thanks to another great shot from Carg as well.

Scronan (and all others): Absolutely, I'm looking for more great photos. Send your best shot in to me and I'll come up with a story for it, or if you have an idea for a story or a quote you want with it, send it along as well. My e-mail address is: bignord@lycos.com. I'm hunting for new and rare photo ops as well, but I don't think anything I've seen in my game will beat the "mooning statue."

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 01:12 PM   #6
Lord Roberts

Hey Saz, Crag

Way to go, I loved it, I want to see more, more, and more.
Maybe do a storie on Crags New Job, Marrage Saving? LOL

Keep it up, I haven't had this much fun in years.

Lord Roberts
Old 02-11-2001, 12:52 AM   #7
Mammawlin

Too Cool! I can't wait to get the 4th edition and the 5th and the 6th! Congrats to you guys with the spirit and smarts to put these out. Loving it and having a blast. By the way, Thanks!
Old 02-20-2001, 09:37 PM   #8
smylin dragon

This one will definitely win a booglitzer
Old 10-23-2001, 09:03 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Do a search on "Examiner" to find more GREAT issues!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 08:07 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Do a search on "Examiner" to find more GREAT issues!!!