Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2001, 08:15 PM   #1
Sir_Tainly

Ok i am writng a story about my character, and this is my opener, so I'm posting it up to see if I'm going in the right direction with it. If it sucks, then I can change it now before I write too much. The story so far its:

The wind tore across the barren landscape, raising the dust in little eddies, and the sun bore down relentlessly on the lone, hunched figure, who struggled through the arid land. The man was not in his usually environment, he was far from home but was driven by the desire to to fulfil his duty, and to keep his word. The man was a Paladin, on a quest to seek out a distant evil that threatened his town, his home and his friends. The Paladin, named Sir Tainly, had set out of his quest accompanied by fellow knights of the order, but now only he remained, disease, misfortune and enemy action had taken their savage toll.

The evil he sought was an old mage who dwelt far away from prying eyes, safe in his desert location, but from where he could command his hordes to wreak havoc among the towns and villages of the Vale. Sir Tainly knew this of this location, and that was his one advantage, others hads known but death had been the price of their knowledge. The Paladin had spent months gathering his intelligence, and those that had sought to withhold it from him had paid for their folly in blood.

The mage, in his arrogance had not seen fit to destroy the remaining paladin, beleiving that without his comrades he would be no threat to the mage with powerful dark magics.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 03-24-2001, 09:58 PM   #2
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Very NICE Sir Tainly! Um, could you also post it in my poor little story thread? Please, please, PLEASE, Pppuuulllleeeeaaassseeee??? That poor little thing is d r o w n i n g!!!

------------------
Old 03-24-2001, 10:10 PM   #3
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Bravo Sir_Tainly!!! What happens next?

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. (new member of TLH)
Old 03-25-2001, 05:30 AM   #4
Sir_Tainly

LadyRae, your wish is my command. Your thread has been thrown a life ring

Bilqis, patience is a virtue, wait and see.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123