Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 12:20 PM   #11
Vampire

errrr...how do you disarm traps and pick locks? Nalia might as well not be a thief.
Otherwise really good!
Old 05-17-2001, 01:54 PM   #12
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by GarethDragonsbane:
i am soliciting opinions on my party composition, wondering if it is sufficient enough to complete the game without resorting to cheats or cheese tactics. I am currently still in chapter II and have completed most of the side quests (Frikkag, Shade Lord, Planar Sphere, Killing Mae'Var, Solving the Problem in Trademeet etc...) I have swapped out characters several times throughout the game so far. Here is my party as it stands.

Myself: 12th Lvl Fighter
Keldor: 11 Inquisitor
Edwin: (forget which level but he is good)
Jahirra: 10 fighter/12 druid.
Aeried 10 cleric/ 11 Mage
Nalia: 4 thief/ 12 Mage.

I am assuming that as I head into chapter three the encounters will become much more difficuly. I am currently working on a CH II sidequest that has caused me much grief: the rift dungeon--the three gauth beholders beyond the bridge puzzle. I refuse to use the shield of spell reflection. Anyway, I await your opinions. Thanks
Good but I feel you have too many (Or two many! Only one is fine for me) multi classed characters. It will drag you down later on in the game because you have characters who are lower levels because op EXP devision. NO OFFENCE, I like the idea!

------------------

Visit Now
or Starstryke will Stryke U!
Old 05-18-2001, 11:37 AM   #13
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

DJG has a good point there. if you characters are multi-classed they have a really hard time gaining levels. too many magic users arent a good thing because they done have the hit points to survive long in close combat. thats why i dump Aerie. ive been keeping Minsc Jaheira Keldorn Edwin Jan and either Anomen or or Valygar to compliment my monk. it depends on what you are facing as to what is the best group to have.

Father Bronze has a good point about getting the XP from learnig spells with just you and Jan in the party. Why divide by 6 when you can divide by 2??? the only reason id keep more than 2 mages in my party is stricly for the Xp you get when they learn spells. When Aerie cant learn any more spells After ive used all the potions of Genius she can handle i get rid of her because she is just to weak. NO HIT POINTS ON HER!!! KICK!!!!!
Old 05-18-2001, 12:01 PM   #14
koz-ivan
Manshoon

just remeber if you kick out a romance option, the romance is over, (if you're into that kind of thing) or don't let silly sentiments get in the way of powergaming. - > your choice.

in denense of aerie, she will never be the tank a la the hated anomen or jaheira but i think the flexibility she offers is great. she's saved my bacon more than once, w/ mage attack spells or a well timed mass cure, clerics that can wear robe of vecana should'nt be overlooked b/c they're shy a few hp's.