Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2001, 05:00 AM   #1
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

I just can't defeat him! I asked a question on levels before here and supposedly my party is strong enough but I can't get him past near death and then he just kills my entire party without me doing him damage even once.

(maybe it's because I don't have a mage capable of level 6 spells (they are both on 11 level now) so I can't cast pierce magic .

help?
Red Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 05:12 AM   #2
Sir Frances Drake
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey Red Dragon Slayer,
You should get some better spells before trying to beat him, like a few lvl.6. even maybe lvl.7. but you don't need pierce shield, for memory you won't need it, but the dragons are all weak against lighting type spells, you need to use lower resistance first. (this will help a lot, but is not needed.) Also do you have any +3 and better weapons? arange athe party members around hime like in a circle, I find this helps as he can't attack you all at once and give you mage(s) a little from him that should also help and try conjuring beasts like Nishrru and if your desperate you could try a pit fiend I guess but I dont know how effective this is, just experiment around a little and you should get it

------------+
Sir Frances Drake
------------+

-----------------------+
Too many wizards spoil the spell
But, too many spells spoil the wizard
---------------------------+
Sir Frances Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 05:20 AM   #3
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

I have +3 or better (like that a few dragon only weapons)

hmm lightning type spells eh? that's something for jaheira.
Old 12-16-2001, 05:25 AM   #4
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Dundee Slayterns site, the best for BGate tips of any kind
Old 12-16-2001, 05:27 AM   #5
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

[ADD]Also get the wand of Cloudkill, sell it and then buy it back (now with full charges) use 50 shots and it will kill Firkrag[/ADD]
Old 12-16-2001, 08:11 AM   #6
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

Nevermind, (I used the cloudkill tactic once but 5 shots are only enough to get him to "injured")

I just summoned some elementals, positioned everybody around him before turning hostile kept shooting Magic Misiles on him used a wand of lightning bolts and he dropt dead without me getting more then a scratch

[img]smile.gif[/img]

My paladin sure is happy with that **spoiler on his loot**

-
-
-

Holy Avenger
Old 12-16-2001, 08:35 AM   #7
Galdriel wovenmist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

haha. I defeted FirKraagh with a lvl 10 mage party. Hes just TO easy
I just used rod of Cloudkill on him twice and then my hole party had minor spell sequensor with 2 magic missiles in each. Thats 12 magic misslies on poor Firkraagh and its hot steamy Dragon stew for everybody!

Thaerek Blackmain/Galdriel Wovenmist
Defender of TMHGOTS
Owner of http://www.geocities.com/eirich69/Ei...?1008281167875
Galdriel wovenmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 08:56 AM   #8
Tom
Elminster

Heres a strat im sure mobody ever used.

WHats Required?

2 mages and some with alot of life.

What I used?

Edwin, Jan, and my RANGER

What equipment?

2 mages, nothing. You guy with lots of life gets boots of speed, and cloak of mirroring.

What to do?

Just send in the guy with lots of hp in and run around in circles, the dragon will never be able to touch you. Now have your mages pummel him with spells, lowering magic resistance is not what I used, but it might be easier. I had it on insane, so crank the dif to insane for maximum results.

What I finished with-

I had Jan finish him of with a lightning bolt after edwin pummeled hit with practically 10 melfs acid arrows.

What else?

I was a HUGE newbie back then. I didnt get all crazy when I saw the dragon cuz I thought he would be super easy. I also had Jaheria, Anomen, and Korgan in the background doing nothing. Oh, and I used this strat on Firkraag.

To make the tactic even easier

Have more mages! DO NOT make the mages get very close cuz the dragon might run after the helpless mages. IF this happens, get the guy with lots of hp to slash at the dragon to get him back.

I hope it helps, my party was between 13-14. I didnt do many quests. If your not it ch6 and you dont have boots of speed or cloak of mirroring, use substitutes.

Haste the guy with hp every now and then, and give the guy alot of protection against the type of dragon. IE, fire for firkraag, acid for someother dragon.

Oh ya, he stopped wing buffoting after I sent in a crap load of kobolds.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 08:45 AM   #9
mangy_dog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I used a very cheap tactic. I just had Yoshimo lay around 10 traps, and then force attacked him after casting magic resistance on him. Him went doown fast.
mangy_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 09:07 AM   #10
eb
Manshoon

Any tip how do get him down when soloing a Figher/Mage/Thief with level 14/14/16 [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks in forehand.