Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2003, 07:47 AM   #11
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

You can't see a tone without lowering it can you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-12-2003, 07:54 AM   #12
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
I just hate myself sometimes!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-12-2003, 09:39 AM   #13
WillowIX
Apophis

From reading your posts I'd guess you've sprained your thumb. Swelling is normal as is pain (duh ) and the sensations of warmth. If you can move your thumb then you don't have to fear the worst. If you can move it without extreme pain I doubt it's broken. And since you can bend it, I very much doubt it is broken. And the fact that you can't bend it as much as usual is probably due to the swelling. But as always it is impossible to diagnose over the net, therefore LadyZ's advice is the best (and I see you have decided to see a doctor).
Old 11-12-2003, 10:58 AM   #14
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
I just hate myself sometimes! [/QUOTE]I could make some horrible comment here relating hating yourself and self-abuse but I've decided I'm going to rise above that kind of thing. Also I can't think of a way to phrase it delicately...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-12-2003, 11:51 AM   #15
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

It's either badly sprained, partially dislocated, broken, or a combination thereof. If you want to retain your mobility in that digit, see a doctor immediately. You will also want some physical therapy on it when it's partially healed. It will hurt, but it's the only way to prevent scar tissue from interfering with the joints full range of motion.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:13 PM   #16
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well, back from school, and I'm seeing the Doc tomorrow. Things have very much improved, though, as there no longer is constant pain, only when I move it. I can still bend it it and feel that the obstruction is indeed because of the swelling. I have felt along the thumb ( as in, squeezed) and there is no extreme pain, just the throb of pain when I touch the bruise. I think it is indeed only a sprain, but to avoid counting the chickens before they're hatched ( ) I will see someone (...obviously a doctor) tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for all your help! (And Donut's sick joke )
Old 11-12-2003, 04:30 PM   #17
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Have you put a strapping on it? You don't want to accidently jar it just in case it is broken. And I would keep icing it when you're at home.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:12 PM   #18
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I have nothing to add. But ice it every two hours. Belive me. [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyhow good luck! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2003, 05:25 PM   #19
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:

It really is a wake up call to how much I depend on my right hand and thumb (I'm right-handed and its completely dominant).
[/QUOTE]Best placing of a smilie I've ever seen.
Ever