Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 06:59 AM   #11
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Well the official site is still saying that they are punting it out for the 19/12/01 or 12/19/01 for the Americans.........who knows.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-15-2001, 09:10 AM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

whats with the ending??? it looks more so a Final Fantasy VII game!!! you, the earth has a life, and that spiritsgo to this place... although in FFVII it was Cetra...

i got that sid thing pretty quick. and gaia? geez, squaresoft language

poor thing someone good died...

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-15-2001, 10:03 AM   #13
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I think FF7 is probably the best game I ever played, awesome and in depth. FF8 was just ok imho, FF9 I never seen. Anyone played it or got any feedback as to how it compares with the others in the series.

------------------
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-16-2001, 04:03 AM   #14
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I wasnt even aware of a Final Fantasy movie. Muat be I live too secluded a life.

I knew there was a new Lord of the Rings movie coming out but had no clue as to when it would be released. January is good enough for me. I saw the original at Highland Park Theatre in Dallas many many moons ago. The animation in that was awesome. Cant wait to see how they do with todays technology. should be great.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2001, 07:54 AM   #15
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Its funny you mention FF7, because the ending for that game and the movie are very similar(its my favourite game of all time too haha)
If you have'nt played FF7, this will be incomprehensible to you, but..
How everything returns to the planet, the "gaia" energy coming to save the heroes from annihilation..
Even the gaia trails look exactly the same as the "lifestream" trails in the FF7 ending. In the last area, the heroes also enter a ledge with the planet's energy at the bottom(lifestream/gaia).
Pretty cool!

------------------
Why?
Old 07-16-2001, 09:02 AM   #16
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Let the end credits finish completely (takes a long time to scroll through) to see the "true" ending of FF7. Fantastic game, fantastic ending.

EDIT: I may well buy another Playstation just to play that game again, I finished it a couple of times but it's just soooo good, I could play it again now.

------------------
Man, that's a pisser.

[This message has been edited by Cavern Sniffer (edited 07-16-2001).]
Old 07-16-2001, 10:30 AM   #17
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

i know what you mean... on where Red XIII.. wehehehe

aww danG!!! now i want to play and relive the Death of Aeris that always takes my heart and breath away!!!

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-16-2001, 04:38 PM   #18
Redblueflare
Galvatron

So the movie was pretty good huh? That's great, my friend Matt, and I won't be dissapointed. You really should go look into FF9 cavern sniffer. I think I liked it just a tiny bit better than seven. It's harder, and I can't slaughter everything on the first disc no matter how hard I train. The story is much better than eight, with a real enemy. Buy it and see what I mean.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-16-2001, 06:28 PM   #19
Nostron
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
the story btw, no matter how futuristic, is a traditional Final Fantasy. I love the FF series, so I like it in every aspect. Lots of people here clapped their hands and stuff when they kissed

i agree... i have played almost all the FF series except the recent one ( i think it's the 9) but it's definetely very traditional. FF always had the "unlikely hero".

ps.
did anyone notice i was gone

------------------
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 07-17-2001, 03:13 AM   #20
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Never knew you were here, but welcome back anyway
haha
j/k mate..
And the ending(the final one) for FF7 is just like FF the movie..with the return to nature and all that. Really cool stuff. I heard FF9 is pretty cool with all the classes and everything. Should be interesting..I can't wait till it comes out on the PC.

------------------
Why?