Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-30-2001, 01:47 AM   #81
draconia

BTW, Talieson, I speak spanish but not very well unfortunately. I am not sure how to say OK in Spanish. The only thing that comes to mind is Esta Bien. I can be wrong. Maybe someone else knows. If no one else knows and you haven't found out, then I will ask and let you know. I am curious now myself. I guess I am going to have to call my mom in the morning.

Old 01-30-2001, 01:53 AM   #82
draconia

Nevermind, I just thought about it and Esta Bien means just fine. Am I bad? I don't even know my own native tongue. I should be shot.

Old 01-30-2001, 02:07 AM   #83
Talieson

Draconia,

You shouldn't be shot! That is a little drastic. Like someone said earlier "you either use it or lose it". Didn't you say that you hadn't been to Mexico in a long time? If you don't have someone to speak it with, you will forget it. A thought has just crossed my mind though; that you could teach your children to speak spanish and then you would have someone to speak too. Forgive my ignorance, but aren't there other spanish speaking people where you live? I figured Utah would have a large spanish speaking minority.

Old 01-30-2001, 02:16 AM   #84
turbovee
Elminster

I live thirty minutes from the Mexico border and my Spanish is horrible! The only Spanish speaking people in Utah are the High School spanish teachers. From what I know about Green River I think they chased out all of the non english speaking residents. I know they sure tried in Salt Lake City. Sorry Draconia, Had to do a little Utah bashing. Just joking, No offence
Old 01-30-2001, 02:20 AM   #85
draconia

Talieson, thanks but I feel like I should of kept up with it so I can teach my kids. There are quite a few Mexicans here in Green River but they don't talk to me. Most of them don't even know that I am Mexican. I don't look like I am. I have very light skin and freckles. I can't tan but I sure can burn well. It has been about 7 years since I have been to Mexico. My mom goes every year but when we talk, we only talk in English so she can speak English better. I tried teaching my 6 yr old a little of what I know and he isn't interested. He told my mom not to talk to him like that when she spoke to him in Spanish. I do plan on trying to relearn Spanish because I do want to make a trip to Mexico and visit family.

Old 01-30-2001, 02:30 AM   #86
draconia

LMAO Turbovee. None taken. I do some Utah bashing myself and other bashing which I won't mention. The Mexicans that are here, only stay for the summer because there is no one else to pick melons. I am sure that they get chased out after that. The town folk chasing them down the street with pitchforks. Sounds like Green River mentality just kidding

Old 01-30-2001, 02:41 AM   #87
turbovee
Elminster

Is there anyway you can escape the prison called Utah? I feel bad for you. Is there anyway you can convince your husband to move?
Old 01-30-2001, 03:37 AM   #88
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Javi-
Stred is greek
but he's hasn't been here for long
he is such a RPG obsessed guy
I asked yhim once what i should play after BG2 and he came out with 9 sugesstion and that was coz he didn't know i hadn't played fallout yet coz then i would have been 10
Old 01-30-2001, 03:41 AM   #89
draconia

Thanks Turbovee but my husband won't move. This is where he wants to live but he is trying to get another job where we can move out of Green River. He just doesn't want to move out of Utah. I think things would be better if we moved out of Green River. There are some places to move to in Utah that the ppl pretty much leave you alone and it doesn't matter where you come from. I don't know if you know where Price is but that is an option. My bro-n-law moved there and he says that ppl are alot better there and they don't care that you don't go to church and that you aren't from Price. So I hope that we can go there. So for now, Utah is my prison for the rest of my life. I can deal with it tho as long as I can move out of the hellhole called Green River.

Old 01-30-2001, 04:16 AM   #90
kit strongarm

I'm from the Philippines, and currently at Chapter 2 of BG2.