Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-01-2000, 08:46 PM   #1
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

When I go into my character's report menu and see that little dual class button I get scared. (Flee, flee from the terrifying button!!) I mean there's no turning back, and no personal way of knowing if my potential power will be greater one way or the other. Such as if I had a level 7 ranger and dualed him/her to a cleric and he/she got to the experience max after out-leveling the original ranger, would the dual class be more powerful than a true class character? (Also, if so, when is a good time to initiate dual class?)
Old 12-01-2000, 09:09 PM   #2
gunner

there are a lot of classes that are much better when dueled then when true classed and a lot of the time you can nearly get to the same level. easist way to do this is check the experience tables. i posted a responce a while back concerning max levels attained for multi classed charaters. generally multi classing is a complete waste of time in bg2.

good combo for dueling are
kensai/mage
fighter/thief
thief/fighter
ranger/cleric
thief/mage

Old 12-01-2000, 10:01 PM   #3
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Ok, thanks gunner but now another question on the same subject. I have a fighter and it doesn't show the availibility of dual classing him (he's level 9), is it too late or early or something? (Experience tables?)
Old 12-01-2000, 10:05 PM   #4
Armisael

Means he doesn't have stats suitable for dual-classing. To dual-class you need at least fifteen of the base stat for your primary class - a dual classing fighter would need at least fifteen strength - and at least seventeen of the base stat of your secondary class - if you wanted to dual to a mage, you'd need seventeen intelligence.

Old 12-01-2000, 10:16 PM   #5
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Oh, I have three charisma (I use the ring of human influence), that might be the problem.
Old 12-01-2000, 10:36 PM   #6
Neal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It is a human character, right?
Old 12-02-2000, 12:43 AM   #7
Axis

3 charisma? That guy must have an asshole growing out of his forehead......

Old 12-02-2000, 10:44 AM   #8
Kaël

Just check it all classes a fighter can dual to need a chr of 6 or more
3 ain't good enough

Old 12-02-2000, 01:22 PM   #9
justaworm

3 charisma?

Well, at least thats what you get for powergaming.

Old 12-03-2000, 03:23 PM   #10
Bhaalin

Hey, all adventurers pick up a few scars along the way... in his case, the barbed flail which repeatedly struck his face miraculously failed to kill him, as did the threshihg machine he fell into as a young fighter.

Lucky devil!