Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-27-2002, 01:34 PM   #1
nameless crazy
Dungeon Master

Today I finally get pass two interesting battle: dragon eye lv4 and battle for HA.
The first battle is easy. No reload and little damage. I use my monk(who has dash) to rush to the boat. When I arrive, the priestess only cast a spider......

The HA battle is a different story......first time cleric died and all others are badly wounded(mine is a 3 char party)......reload......2nd time monk dead and since he's the only tank......reload......3rd time summon 5 creature instead of 3. Battle begin. Monk fight wizard and cleric summon creature when old ones died. Sorcerer just run around the graveyard with several chasing her.
Taking down the first 2 took a long time (all 6 are killed by monk since no other hava appropiate weapon)......the wizard and the archer. By this time all summons had died. All enemy summons +3 boss(except dwarf) attack my monk so I place my monk at the door( reduce no. of enemy round him). However all of them were killed quickly this time......so quick that I don't see it when all 3 are gone(I was moving my sorcerer from the dwarf for about 2 min). Only the dwarf is left by this time......easy xp
In the battle I used 7 undead(either zombie lord or greater ske.) and 1 low lv summon spell......all dead(anyway they are here as folder only......), 1 recitation, a chain lightning(which did nothing due to their sr)and 1 potion(spirit essence). Sorcerer badly wounded(she used the essence) other 2 barely injured.

IMO the HA battle is good. When I finally win it I really feel satisfied. Not to mension the reward......
nameless crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 07:12 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Hmm...your sorcerer doesn't have improved invisibility? That would have helped, I think. Anyway, congrats on getting through a very tough battle with only 3 people in the party! That is quite an achievement!

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 11:48 PM   #3
Jellyfish
Dungeon Master

Your monk dashes quite fast...
When I was playing that part online, the lag had me load the game for five times...
Old 10-28-2002, 01:39 AM   #4
nameless crazy
Dungeon Master

My sorcerer has II but I heard that the six can see invi. so I didn't use it......
nameless crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 02:14 AM   #5
timberwolf
Dungeon Master

What is the limit of summoned creatures? Is there a way to get it beyond six?