Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-27-2001, 03:47 PM   #41
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry Jimbo! Misread your post......I agree with you that there is an extreme lacking of good weapons for some weapon types. I would think that if you have a +3 bow (heartseeker) with +1 or +2 arrows you should be able to hit +4, +5 monsters....is this logic or is it just me?
Old 02-27-2001, 04:01 PM   #42
Jimbo:)

No problem I wrote the two rants while working on 2 things (doh got to learn to multi-task better) at once, so it was worded kinda bad.

Yeah logic is kinda wierd and some of if might be game balance, or game engine limitation.

If I was good with Virtual Basic (which I still am learning), and wasn't scared of screwing something up and having to reload and restart programs I would create and add some weapons or spells. That would be fun, but I'm still in that learning to fly stage of design stuff (well more like learning to crawl).

More spells, more items, more fun!

Old 02-27-2001, 04:02 PM   #43
Charlie
Lord Ao

Might as well keep the ball rolling....nothing like healthy debate.

Why is there only one monster sword available...Carsomyr I think that's only useable by Paladins. Is it +5? I was chuffed when I found it followed closely by unchuffed having to flog it. I think there's a +4 that can be bought which accepted is not to be sneezed at but it's not a +5 and there's always something a bit "special" about finding or winning a good weapon as opposed to buying it. Also multiple versions of the +4 that I mentioned are available which kind of detracts from its value and definitely its rarity in some respects. I know the Crom la de da I'm the best ever hammer if you like that sort of thing is available but I like BIIIG swords and BIIIG Longbows.....gripe over
Old 02-27-2001, 04:26 PM   #44
BLACK KNIGHT

It is a HOLY SWORD and they are SUPPOST to be the best in the game. They make up for only being able to ** proficiencys in any weapon, as oppose to the fighter class which can go up to *****. IMHO the Holy Sword should be the best weapon in the game. They always are in the PnP games, too.

BK

Old 02-27-2001, 04:32 PM   #45
Charlie
Lord Ao

Fair enough